Thread: Let's Look at the 3 New Dungeons of Final Fantasy XIV!

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Default Let's Look at the 3 New Dungeons of Final Fantasy XIV!

In the latest Patch 2.4 article, I discussed the next Primal to be added to the game and mentioned the upcoming addition of 3 new dungeons too... Snowcloak, Sastasha Seagrot, and The Sunken Temple of Qarn (Hard). Since then, a new video has been released showing just a few snippets of each, exciting!

In the video, I presume the first dungeon to be shown will be Snowcloak. The snow was a dead giveaway, honestly. It looks gorgeous, like a mix and match of Mount Gagazet and Macalania Woods from Final Fantasy X. There are some amazing crystal features throughout, as well as encampments. As far as enemies go, I can see Goobues, Dust Bunnies, Wild Wolves, and as for bosses, there's a crystalline iron giant towards the end of the preview.

What I like most about Snowcloak though, is that music. I really, really hope that is the theme of the dungeon and it is that ethereal and spooky singing. It brings such an atmosphere and makes the entire place feel empty and unsafe. I love the look of this dungeon and I can't wait to play it!

The second dungeon is Sastasha Seagrot. What I like most about Sastasha is that first little section in the coral and winding tunnels of brightly coloured rock - basically, the bit before all the pirates! Sastasha Seagrot seems to be all about that! It looks very Little Mermaid and pretty. This means it's probably going to be a real pain to get through! There are no indications of any enemies just yet, so it could even end up being a trial like Chimera or the Hydra. I hope not, I so want to explore it!

Finally, we have The Sunken Temple of Qarn (Hard). I think I'll try and avoid this one, I hated (loved) Qarn on normal difficulty. It was a fun dungeon but it was quite a hard one, and I can already tell it would make my gamer temper flare just a little.

I'm mostly looking forward to Snowcloak, and I may even be more excited for it than I am for Shiva herself and even the Rogue class. What can I say, I'm a dungeon addict! I guess I will see you in there, Eorzeans!
    Last edited by Night Fury; 09-24-2014 at 02:05 PM.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT ANY OF THIS MEANS BUT I AM STILL EXCITED ANYWAY!!!!

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Omg Shion I need to run you through the first three dungeons we'll have the most fun omg.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

YAY DUNGEONS AND NEW THINGS

Snowcloak looks stunning, but I've been waiting for a Sastasha HM forever! Can't wait for these dungeons :>

Recognized Member Scotty_ffgamer's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Scotty Ffgamer (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm thinking about picking up this game again soon... You should help me too, Locky. Dungeons always intimidate me in MMOs.