Thread: Article: Some Kingdom Hearts III News from Nomura!

YOU DONT KNOW YET!?!?!? FFFFsephychibi's Avatar

Default KH3 and possible KH3D HD remake Famitsu interview news!

Heres some news regarding KH3 and KH3D HD possible remake from this weeks Famitsu~

-There have been reports from foreign media that Kingdom Hearts III co-director Tai Yasue mentioned the Disney film Frozen [being in Kingdom Hearts III], but these are false, as it was never denied nor confirmed, and was misinterpreted as being a fact.

-Choosing new worlds for Kingdom Hearts III is also proving to be a difficult task for Square Enix.

-Square Enix are putting serious consideration into making an HD version for Kingdom Hearts 3D, as it’s the only one that doesn’t have one.

-The development for Kingdom Hearts III is moving smoothly according to plan.

-Square Enix seem to be having some sort of design problems due to engine-related issues, but currently, they’ve advanced in the scenario writing and world choices, along with designs for Sora and Riku’s new outfits.

-According to the Osaka development team, Sora’s mobility is way too high, and it almost felt like he was invincible at around his end-game level.

-They currently have a great variety of Keyblade transformations, and compare it to Birth by Sleep’s original way of fighting using Keyblades.
    How excitingggg!!!

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

So while we're all digesting that spicy Final Fantasy XV news, Tetsuya Nomura is just popping his head around the corner to remind us all of his game that's been in development forever too. Yes, I'm talking about Kingdom Hearts 3.

According to Nomura, the development is moving along pretty smoothly and according to plan, even though Square Enix are having a few issues due to something engine related. They've so far given everything an overhaul with the scenario writing and choices for worlds, apparently choosing the worlds is giving them a few headaches. On that note, no, Frozen has not been confirmed, but it has also not been denied either, so you can let it go for now, guys. Oh and they've jazzed up Sora and Riku's new outfits. Belts galore!

According to their Osaka development team, Sora was pretty much in God mode by the time he hit his end game level, so they're working on that, as well as spiffing up the Keyblade transformations to be like Birth By Sleep's style. Cool.

Finally, they're in talks about giving Kingdom Hearts 3D a HD touch up too, because it's yet to be done.

Well, it's good it's moving along at a steady pace, and I'm sure our Kingdom Hearts fans will be pretty pleased about it too, that is if they can stop drooling over Dynamic Weather in Final Fantasy XV long enough to notice....

[source]

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

I'm glad they are saying they are working on this but not giving any release or anything. Like, "expect this on PS4" or "We'll be done soon" or "Coming soon" Because that just doesn't work with early development. I like that it's "hey, we're working on it and are doing this stuff but still a work in progress!" Maybe Nomura took some advice from Tabata.

Either way, still hyped.

YOU DONT KNOW YET!?!?!? FFFFsephychibi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    I'm glad they are saying they are working on this but not giving any release or anything. Like, "expect this on PS4" or "We'll be done soon" or "Coming soon" Because that just doesn't work with early development. I like that it's "hey, we're working on it and are doing this stuff but still a work in progress!" Maybe Nomura took some advice from Tabata.

Either way, still hyped.

Ffff that gif!!! I think I'm most excited to see what Nomura does with Riku and Sora outfit/look in general. Also how much different Kairi will look.

I think I'm also really jazzed for the art direction too, that soft shaded look is so nice.

Difficulty with choosing worlds?

Oh and Tai Yasue never said, there will be Frozen in KH III. He considered what it would be like so the assumption was reasonable.