Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: SE to host FFXV & Type-0 talk show

YOU DONT KNOW YET!?!?!? FFFFsephychibi's Avatar

ooo this is super exciting!!! I will make sure I'm up for this *u*

i'll be up. I wouldn't miss a chance to see my Bros!

Does the video usually go up right after the broadcast? I can't watch it live, but am going to wake up a bit early to watch before I leave in the morning. Can't wait!!!!

Uurrgh I'm watching the video with comments on in the hope to catch some translations. But it's comments, so people are dicks.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

http://www.finalfantasy.net/xv/squar...pe0-xv-stream/

Hmm. Looked okay, I suppose, but the battle footage didn't excite me. Seemed very hack'n'slash, but we'll see how things develop. I'm sure there will be much more to it than a muted YouTube video showed to me.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

I think it shows you once again how out of touch general SE upper management is about the fans. The producer is grumpy about the car meme, the fans and Tabata love it.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Kurisu Kazama (Sargatanas)

I can't watch this yet as I'm at work.

If someone can find a link that I can come back and watch later tonight I'd appreciate it
    <a href=http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m3/Valentine-06/Signatures/fat_mooglesig2.png target=_blank>http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...mooglesig2.png</a>

Have you seen the translation of this? Take a looksee: http://gematsu.com/2014/10/final-fan...s-new-gameplay

I made a note of a few points in particular...

Q: So after all, the E3 2013 trailer was a lie? You can’t actually play like that?

A:You can fight like that. I think in the recent play demonstration we showed several techniques and functions, but at E3 last year the game was running on a prototype environment (Ebony). At TGS 2014 we showed the game running in the actual environment (Luminous). Right now we are in the process of migrating functions from the prototype into it. It will take time to migrate it all. I wanted to show footage in the actual environment as soon as possible, so I ended up showing something that is in the midst of migrating. The video shows actual footage, not an idealized version. It will become more and more advanced from here on out.

So, what we've seen so far is not a complete representation of the final product, but you will be able to play like we saw in the E3 demo. Interactions will get more complex as we see more. Probably something they should have made much clearer earlier on....

Q: Can you go into detail about the “holding down the button” issue? Is it really okay to just hold the button down?

A:It’s not that simple! (Laughs.) Yes, when you continue to hold down the guard button, you can basically auto-guard and evade, but it consumes MP. You can’t infinitely evade. You have to think about timing, when it’s a good idea to attack or evade. Also, you aren’t invincible. There are attacks you can’t avoid. In those cases, there are also essential technical evasion methods.

Q: What about attacks?

A:When you push the attack button, you invoke the standard combo. You can change the actions by using it in coordination with the directional buttons. The actions change depending on your circumstances—things like whether you’re guarding and whether the timing is right, (imagine in this circumstance: when you’re guarding, you might get a chance to counterattack or something), or if your companions are nearby.

So hold to auto-attack, but adjust the attacks with directions (and possibly timed taps? He does suggest the timing is important). Later in the interview he also mentions you can invoke weapon 'techniques':

Q: What about weapon selection?

A: You set them yourself before battle. You set each weapon considering what actions you can use with which weapons. You can only determine one weapon from the ones equipped to be your main one, but that weapon will come with techniques which can be invoked at your discretion in battle. Besides the basic assault button (attack), you can invoke techniques with the technique button.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Kurisu Kazama (Sargatanas)

A:When you push the attack button, you invoke the standard combo. You can change the actions by using it in coordination with the directional buttons.
    Tales of Noctis. Maybe Tabata has picked up on the more recent popularity of Tales of in the West and created a battle system based on some of those foundations.

Tabata mentions about levelling, and that if you level up and get good weapons then you'll have no problem beating the game. Now I really want to know how levelling works. Will we see a return to to traditional levels? Will characters follow a set path like FFX and FFXIII? Or will you be able to customise like XII and choose how to develop each individual party member.

I've got a feeling it will be more like X and XIII.
    <a href=http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m3/Valentine-06/Signatures/fat_mooglesig2.png target=_blank>http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...mooglesig2.png</a>

Well they said they wanted to do another streaming event in November. What do you expect them to talk about then?

That's a good question.
    Didn't Tabata say something like "We want to do another show like this if we have enough material"? To me it sounded like they weren't sure if they'd actually do another stream that early, but I might have misunderstood that part.

I wonder if the stream will be all about XV then, since they showed only about 10 minutes of Type-0 & Agito and then focused on XV, anyway. They might answer some more questions if there are any new, and maybe they'll show a few more seconds of further improved gameplay. I think the other guy also said something like "We're gonna let you know more about the characters and the story at a later point", but I think he was rather referring to Jump Festa. I wouldn't mind some new info during the stream though. ;)

They might also completely focus on Type-0 next time, who knows.