Thread: The SMURF'S a Tetra Master?

Articles
    Blog Entries

Default The SMURF'S a Tetra Master?

Started a new game and resolved to get good at Tetra Master.

That jerk Gilga... I mean Alleyway Jack stole all my cards.

How does this game work? Legitimately, how are card values and card duels determined? I get all the other rules, just not the smurfing card duels.

Help me.

(...Also, I miss Triple Triad )
    Returners Represent!

Quote Originally Posted by Edge7 View Post

How does this game work? Legitimately, how are card values and card duels determined? I get all the other rules, just not the smurfing card duels.
    The smurf's a Tetra Master you ask?!

Just kidding.

Really its simpler than Triad once you get the hang of it. The cards stats are the 4 numbers/letters on its face, and this determines the outcome of the two cards dueling. Stats are determined based on the card, but can grow as you use it.
    1st # = attack power, from 0 to F.
    2nd # = type of attack where P = direct, M = magic, X = both, A = lowest opposing defense stat
    3rd # = defense to P cards
    4th # = defense to M cards

Lets say your opponents card is 3P30, and your card is 1M30. Your card wins. Why? Because you have 1 Magic and the opponent has 0 M Defense.

I forget what happens when both cards win the attack. In a case of 3P30 vs 2M20 for example. Probably the card with the highest attack value.

One more thing, which is, if you take an opposing card, any other opposing cards around it that the initial one has arrows to is also captured. Since this also applies to you, its usually not a good idea to lay your cards touching each other.
    Last edited by Tetra Master; 10-05-2014 at 09:54 AM.

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Replaying FFIX now. After playing TT for so long, smurf Tetra Master.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetra Master View Post
    Lets say your opponents card is 3P30, and your card is 1M30. Your card wins. Why? Because you have 1 Magic and the opponent has 0 M Defense.
    No. And this is probably why so many people are confused by Tetra Master. Your card has a higher probability of winning. Unlike Triple Triad, where the higher number is better 100% of the time, Tetra Master operates with some random variation, much more like Blitzball. Just because your SH is higher than the goalie's CA doesn't mean you will always score the goal, because the CA can vary by 50% in either direction. I don't know the hard numbers behind Tetra Master, but when two cards battle, they each have an initial number show up and then randomly reduced. So if you play a 1 vs. a 0, you may get initial values of, say, 24 and 12. The 24 randomly falls to 14, the 12 randomly falls to 3, and 14 > 3 so you flip. However, it's also possible that your 24 falls to 7, and their 12 falls to 10, and you get flipped. It's just less likely.

A casual way to think about it (though not statistically identical) is rolling dice. It's like two people rolling a certain number of dice: 1 to start, plus an extra 1 for each digit on your card's attribute. So a 1 vs. 0 card battle is like rolling 2 dice vs. 1 die. Just because one person has two doesn't mean their total will always be higher.