Thread: WHAT'S THE TITLE OF THIS FINAL FANTASY AMV ?!?

Nom nom nom WHAT'S THE TITLE OF THIS FINAL FANTASY AMV ?!?

Hi everybody,

Long ago, in 2006-2008, I was in a big computer shop, and a big projector was playing lot of videogame-related videos: trailers, interviews, and even some AMV. There was one that I still remember, and I would like to find.

It featured many images from Final fantasy X: the flying ship, the two main characters doing some kind of acrobatics, many little things flying around the big ship (don’t remember what). I’m not sure, but I think some scenes included also the girl from Final fantasy VIII, but nothing from other installments.
    I never played any FF game, but judging from the images around on internet, I think the scenes were all from cut-scenes and not from the actual games.

The music was made up by a single song called something like “Vee Lee”, “Dee Lee”, “Veelee” or “Deelee”, which was also the main refrain; they repeated the word quite often.

I tried few possibilities on google but I didn’t find anything... I’d really like to find the AMV, I’m sure you know better. Did you see this video somewhere?
    Thanks

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

It could be Final Fantasy Dissidia, the music was probably Liberi Fatali.

FFXIV Character

Kaladin Cho'Sinn (Sargatanas)

I wonder if it wasn't a trailer at all but a clip from one of the Dead Fantasy comics.

I don't think Liberi Fatali was ever a part of the original Dissidia. Maybe I don't remember correctly, but I think the first time it came in was with 012. But still, Dissidia would seem to fit best. If not, then maybe possibly Dead Fantasy.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I was thinking Dead Fantasy too but that's really all girls and has Kairi and Dead or Alive characters.It could well be though, who knows!

Well, I think I have to explain many things:

- I really don't knows anything about the FF franchise, so if you mention something that doesn't translate into videos on google, then I can't use it. For example "clip Dead Fantasy comics" doesn't give any results related to FF. If you want to suggest something, then write exactly what I have to search, like "Final Fantasy Dissidia - Liberi Fatali".

- Your average amv takes video from where it wants and matches it with the song they want, so video and song can come from different and unofficial sources.

- Libera Fatali is definitely not the song/group. The song I heard was way more pop, repeated "veelee" (pronounced v-i-l-e) very often, and, unlike Libera Fatali, didn't have any lyric choir.

- The images came from the FFX (I recognize the characters), and where not from the actual game, only from the cut scenes (it's easy to make the difference). Maybe some scenes had also the FFVIII girl.

FFXIV Character

Kaladin Cho'Sinn (Sargatanas)

Well, then, it could have just been something the people running that shop came up with themselves, in which case it's quite possible that it's not on the internet.

There are several AMV's of Tidus, Yuna, and Rinoa (for some reason) but I don't know of any with a song anything like what you're describing (which, to be honest, I'm not sure what you're trying to describe--i.e. how can veelee be pronounced v-i-l-e?)

I think we need some more information to narrow it down. Was it a female or a male vocalist? Was the music slow or fast? Are you sure it was pop-ish? Do you know the band Nightwish? Could it have been that band? (There are a lot of FF Nightwish AMVs) Which FFX characters, exactly, did you see?

Could you have misheard it? Could the "Veelee" that you're remembering actually be repeated "ee" sound? (in which case it could be the FFX-2 Groove Coverage AMV "Let it Be"--there's lots of repeated "ee" words: me, melody, see, etc.

I just watched about 50 AMVs and can't find anything that sounds remotely like what you're talking about. If I come across anything I'll post it, though.

Could it be the DJ Sammy "California Dreaming" X-2 AMV?

I assume we know for sure it's not "Suteki De Na," right?
    Last edited by chionos; 10-03-2014 at 01:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by chionos View Post
    Well, then, it could have just been something the people running that shop came up with themselves, in which case it's quite possible that it's not on the internet.

Everything can be, but, you see, it was a big franchise, with a big hierachy. Employees are simply too lazy to come up with ideas, especially if it's for the benefit of shareholders. In all likelyhood, the whole routine (trailers, enterviews and this amv) was compiled in some centrilized department and sent to all the shops.

I don't know of any with a song anything like what you're describing (which, to be honest, I'm not sure what you're trying to describe

I understand it's dificult to explain with word a melody... I'm not a musician, readers on this forum are not either... and by the way, in all this time I also forgot it. If I hear the song again I'll of course recognize it, and I remember also the refrain, which was also the end: the famous "veelee". Technically it's called an "appoggiatura". If you don't already know what this means, reading the explanation in wikipedia won't really help you, but it's the melodic structure of the word "yesterday" and "suddenly" in the song "Yesterday".

--i.e. how can veelee be pronounced v-i-l-e?)

Don't really know, I don't even remember in which language the song was, but it was pronounced V or D like in Value or District, I like in Innnovation, L like in Lemon and E like in Elephant. As for the spelling, I did read at the and of the clip the title was Veelee/Deelee/Vee Lee/Dee Lee.

Was it a female or a male vocalist?

Don't really remember. My impression is it was a female, but it's quite common today for male singers sing on the same (feminine) register. For exemple: I couldn't have been Barry White or Leonard Cohen, but it could have been any given "boy" band.

Was the music slow or fast?

It was not really fast, but quite positive, happy, melodic, without much drums, without lyric choirs. The video, on the other hand, was fast paced, full of flying things.

Are you sure it was pop-ish?

Yes. A song that captures well the same spirit (and actually reminded me of this forgotten amv) is "Beautiful World", the new Evangelion's end title : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IA0ysTh-QIk

Do you know the band Nightwish? Could it have been that band?

I know them, and it's nothing like that.

(There are a lot of FF Nightwish AMVs)

It's common for amv to reprise lyrics choirs ("O fortuna", "Nightwish"), big beats ("Prodigy", "Chemical Brothers"), and crescendos ("Linkin Parks", "Palladio"), but not here.

Which FFX characters, exactly, did you see?

Well, you named them: Tidus, Yuna, and Rinoa. Maybe there were others, but for short time, and I don't remember them.

Could you have misheard it? Could the "Veelee" that you're remembering actually be repeated "ee" sound? (in which case it could be the FFX-2 Groove Coverage AMV "Let it Be"--there's lots of repeated "ee" words: me, melody, see, etc.

No, no "Let it be", no famous rock bands (I know them), and no "ee" at the end: "e" instead. However, the end of strophes in "Let it be" are another case of appoggiamento.

Could it be the DJ Sammy "California Dreaming" X-2 AMV?

Nope, no techno either.

So, it was not "Suteki De Na"

Right, and the images were on bright and daylight, not dark like on this one.