Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Blonde-haired Hispanics and Latinas: have you ever seen or met any?

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Definitely not blonde. People are very liberal with their use of 'blonde' these days though, I'm not really sure why.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Blog Entries

yeah that is most definitely not blond hair.

But yeah hair can get darker over age. When I was a child I had platinum blond hair. It's a very light brown to very dirty blond now. Also summer time if I'm outside a lot it will lighten up.

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DMKA View Post
    Cameron Diaz is Mexican, for example.
    American of Cuban/European descent. But yeah, Hispanic.
    Red-haired, freckled face Louis C.K. is of Mexican decent -- he has a Mexican daddy. Appearance means very little when fully determining someone's cultural background or ethnicity. I look Hispanic and I have 0 percent Hispanic blood. Louis C.K. looks Scottish and Irish and is 50 percent Hispanic.

Europeans are not the only people who have blonde hair you know!

http://www.odditycentral.com/news/bl...melanesia.html
    About a quarter of the Melanesian population in the Solomon Islands archipelago has an extremely unusual trait – dark skin with blond hair
    Blond hair is exceptionally rare outside Europe, but evolved independently in Melanesia[8] where Melanesians of some islands (along with someAustralian aborigines) are the non-white people to have brown and blond hair. This has been traced to an allele of TYRP1 unique to these people, and is not the same gene that causes blond hair in Europe.
    (Fun Fact: Genghis Khan had red-hair, freckles, and green eyes)

Also, whats with this guys threads?? their all about white ppl and mexicans lol. He's clearly very eurocentric in his thinking.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

A black person that is Eurocentric. Interesting concept.

I have met my fair share of white-skinned Mexicans, so it's not unusual for me to come across one. There's a region of Mexico with a sizable population of them apparently, but I have never been to it nor remember the name of the state. Anyways, I have a friend at uni who is half Mexican, half Irish; she's got white skin and her hair has a reddish tone, and some light freckles. You would never think she's partly Hispanic by looking at her. As far as blondes go, I think Colombians and Argentinians are the ones most likely to have blonde hair, but I have seen a few Venezuelan women on tv with it too. Also, Shakira's hair is not naturally blonde. Have a look at her history and beginnings, she's changed immensely through out her career (too much actually, but that's just my opinion); I think she's half Lebanese from her father's side, too.

It's too cold up here for those types.

I had a feeling that Shakira isn't a natural blonde, judging by her previous album covers. And yes, she's part Lebanese.

Also, while I don't think that Colombia has any blondes, I do know that Brazil does have at least a few blondes, because I just remembered that Brazilian supermodels Gisele Bundchen and Ana Hickmann have naturally blonde hair (I completely forgot about that earlier, but upon doing the research, I rediscovered it). Both of these supermodels are of German descent, and Brazil also received a lot of immigrants from Germany, as did Argentina. Runway fashion model Milagros Schmoll is from Argentina, and is also of German descent; she also has naturally blonde hair.

Also:

Quote Originally Posted by Depression Moon View Post
    I heard in Brazil they prefer the term Latino over Hispanic because Hispanic suggests that they speak Spanish.
    That's right, because in Brazil, they speak Portuguese. They are technically not "Hispanic" because they were conquered by Portugal instead of Spain, but because the Portuguese language is very similar to the Spanish language, Brazil is included in the definition of Latin America, and thus, Brazilians are still Latinos.
    Last edited by SuperMillionaire; 10-30-2014 at 08:24 PM.
    Is that your final answer?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mahad View Post
    I have met my fair share of white-skinned Mexicans, so it's not unusual for me to come across one. There's a region of Mexico with a sizable population of them apparently, but I have never been to it nor remember the name of the state. Anyways, I have a friend at uni who is half Mexican, half Irish; she's got white skin and her hair has a reddish tone, and some light freckles. You would never think she's partly Hispanic by looking at her. As far as blondes go, I think Colombians and Argentinians are the ones most likely to have blonde hair, but I have seen a few Venezuelan women on tv with it too. Also, Shakira's hair is not naturally blonde. Have a look at her history and beginnings, she's changed immensely through out her career (too much actually, but that's just my opinion); I think she's half Lebanese from her father's side, too.
    Veracruz and Jalisco come to mind in terms of where natural blondes occur more often, but I could be entirely wrong. I remember reading about it somewhere and I can't find the article.

Blog Entries

I've met several. I think it's funny how people deny that other people are some nationality because of their traits. I get told all the time I'm not black because my hair isn't nappy.
    Xenogears is the tragic story of how your whole life can take a crappy turn, just because you happened to see a lady in a wedding dress before her wedding.

This boy is crackin' up, this boy has broken down
    This boy is crackin' up, this boy has broke down

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Polnareff View Post
    I've met several. I think it's funny how people deny that other people are some nationality because of their traits. I get told all the time I'm not black because my hair isn't nappy.
    Word, and I get told I'm not black because my skin is light. People are just ignorant.

There are whites in the Saharan Desert part of Africa, as well as in the country of South Africa, and they have blondes there (think actress Charlize Theron).

Anyway, back to Spanish and Portuguese blondes in Argentina and Brazil.
    Last edited by SuperMillionaire; 11-07-2014 at 05:20 PM.
    Is that your final answer?

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by SuperMillionaire View Post
    as well as in the country of South Africa, and they have blondes there (think actress Charlize Theron).
    That's because of the Dutch, I believe.

programmed by NASIR Recognized Member black orb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

Have you ever seen or met a blonde-haired Hispanic or Latina? The reason why I'm asking this is because I previously never thought they existed
    >>> You are kidding right?..
    >> The black orb glitters ominously... but nothing happens..

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Spanish and Portuguese blondes in Argentina and Brazil.
    They're not just in those two countries as we've already said.