Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Blonde-haired Hispanics and Latinas: have you ever seen or met any?

Default Blonde-haired Hispanics and Latinas: have you ever seen or met any?

As with my other Hispanic and Latino-themed thread in the Eyes on Each Other section of this forum, the period from September 15 to October 15 is known as Hispanic Heritage Month in the United States, so I figured that I'd ask this question too.

Have you ever seen or met a blonde-haired Hispanic or Latina? The reason why I'm asking this is because I previously never thought they existed, because all of the Hispanics and Latinas that I've ever seen had either black or brown hair. But that all changed one day when I went to my church, where I met a blonde-haired woman who hails from the South American country of Argentina. I told her that I had never seen or met a blonde-haired Hispanic before, and that if I had seen her just walking down the street, I would have never thought that she was Hispanic, because she certainly didn't look like it; it was only when she spoke to me that it was revealed that she is an immigrant from Latin America, because when she speaks English, she has a thick Spanish accent.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blond

But then, I did the research, and I found out that unlike all of the other countries in Latin America, Argentina has a lot of blondes. Their culture is more European in nature than the rest of Latin America, and they received a lot of immigrants from countries such as Germany, which has a lot of blondes. Argentinians are indistinguishable from white Americans, because they both descend from Europeans; the only difference is that Argentinians speak Spanish.

So I wonder: have any of you ever seen or met a blonde-haired Hispanic or Latina? Or if not, did you know that they exist?
    Last edited by SuperMillionaire; 10-01-2014 at 08:04 PM.
    Is that your final answer?

The reason Argentinians have so many blonde haired blue eyed people is due to the immigration of Germans to Argentina directly after WWII.
    I would think that for the most part the number of Hispanic blondes a country has is correlated to how close it is to the U.S. or Brazil.

And yes, I've met some Hispanics with blonde hair and blue eyes. The combined traits of darker-than-peach skin and blonde hair is rather exotic-looking and their blue eyes clash with their skin color, which creates a very striking look. The few I've met are quite attractive.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

It can be a surprise meeting someone from a Latin Hispanic country with blonde hair and blue eyes, yeah. Obviously when you hear that someone is hispanic, you subconsciously expect them to probably have tan or olive skin and brown or black eyes and hair, just like you would expect a person of asian heritage to have specific features and hair/eye colors.

Families and colonies probably moved to those areas and have since grown and developed there and as such, they have integrated with the indigenous people there. It's all about the melting pot of cultures, I guess!

Blog Entries

I watched this show called "Tequila Sisters" - about a family who's father is a tequila importer.

They're very much Mexican, but the girls and their mother are all blonde. I can't remember what part of Mexico the mom is from though.. I believe Veracruz.

But it also depends on their heritage. A girl or guy can be 100% Mexican, for example, but if they have blonde or red hair, then most likely have -some- type of European in their bloodline and the gene just stayed dormant for so many years.

Not saying that's always the case, but yeah.

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Blond-haired Latinos are not shocking to me. What is shocking to me, is that people are shocked when anyone who isn't white has anything other than brown skin, brown eyes, or brown hair. This really isn't that amazing or uncommon. And to answer your question, yes. I've seen many naturally blond Latinos/Latinas. It's very common for people to have blond hair who are of Colombian descent.

I dated a girl/cheated on my hs gf with a girl from Argentina. Blonde hair and green eyes.

Latinos come in a wide variety. Some are closer to their European ancestors, while others are more/completely "Indio".

My wife is from Central America, but her family background has a heavy European influence, so many of them have blue/green eyes and some have blonde/light brown hair. They are also lighter skinned than most Latinos.

My wife has dark hair and brown eyes. Our first son has dirty-blonde hair with very light highlights (some people still think we have it done at a salon), but our baby boy is so light blonde that people ask my wife silly questions. After being asked "oh, you're his mom?", some have been so bold as to follow up with "so you GAVE BIRTH to him?" and one lady even said "there is no way that baby came out of your vag ina". Curly blonde hair, baby blue eyes, I have to remind my wife that those are her blue eyes and her blonde hair also (not possible otherwise).

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

You know Latino/ Hispanic isn't a race right? All it means is that they have cultural roots that tie back to Spain and Portugal. I'm also surprised that you've never seen Shakira before, because that's a blonde Latina right there.

Blog Entries

So much what Depression Moon said. You're supposed to call them what they are- Mexican, Salvadoreño, Cubano, etc. I meant to say that before, but I didn't know how to word it.

Vasher: When my girl was a baby, people questioned me allllll the time cuz she was so tan, brown hair, Brown eyes
    ... We looked nothing alike when she was a baby. We look more alike now that she's grown a lot more, but there are still big differences. I'm mega jelly of her amazing year-round tan. And she has the cutest 2 front teeth- like a little bunny rabbit with the tiniest gap. Our eyes scrunched up the same when we smile, though. And her hair is still Brown where mine is auburn, but her head of hair is awesome just like mine. Lol

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Eventually we're all just going to blend together and no one will be able to tell the difference.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    Eventually we're all just going to blend together and no one will be able to tell the difference.
    This is the ideal and also the inevitable as it's already happening.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Depression Moon View Post
    You know Latino/ Hispanic isn't a race right? All it means is that they have cultural roots that tie back to Spain and Portugal. I'm also surprised that you've never seen Shakira before, because that's a blonde Latina right there.
    Quote Originally Posted by noxious.sunshine View Post
    So much what Depression Moon said. You're supposed to call them what they are- Mexican, Salvadoreño, Cubano, etc. I meant to say that before, but I didn't know how to word it.
    In this case, we're referring to what could possibly be a vast group of people that are not limited to Mexicans, Cubans, Venezuelans, etc.

This is the definitive definition of "hispanic":

His·pan·ic
    hiˈspanik/
    adjective
    1. of or relating to Spain or to Spanish-speaking countries, especially those of Latin America.
    noun
    noun: Hispanic; plural noun: Hispanics
    1.a Spanish-speaking person living in the US, especially one of Latin American descent.

I've never heard of a single person being unhappy at being called hispanic. It's a legitimate term of reference.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

I heard in Brazil they prefer the term Latino over Hispanic because Hispanic suggests that they speak Spanish.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

A few Dominicans I know get really annoyed by people calling them Hispanic because they believe it infers that they're Spanish. *shrug* I just say Latino or Dominican. It's not like anyone who looks at a person is going to be able to know if they're are Dominican, Venezuelan,a etc. This is the same thing I think when Jamaicans are annoyed when they're called African. No one knows what anyone is by looking at them so best just not label them as any assume race or culture, or keep it as general as possible.

..a Russian mountain cat. Yamaneko's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I haven't seen or met them, but I've read that the Mediterranean had its share of blond Latins some 1,600 years ago. Although admittedly most were probably dark-haired.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    This is the ideal and also the inevitable as it's already happening.
    But...but...what about the gingers?!