Thread: Blonde-haired Hispanics and Latinas: have you ever seen or met any?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Blonde-haired Hispanics and Latinas: have you ever seen or met any?

As with my other Hispanic and Latino-themed thread in the Eyes on Each Other section of this forum, the period from September 15 to October 15 is known as Hispanic Heritage Month in the United States, so I figured that I'd ask this question too.

Have you ever seen or met a blonde-haired Hispanic or Latina? The reason why I'm asking this is because I previously never thought they existed, because all of the Hispanics and Latinas that I've ever seen had either black or brown hair. But that all changed one day when I went to my church, where I met a blonde-haired woman who hails from the South American country of Argentina. I told her that I had never seen or met a blonde-haired Hispanic before, and that if I had seen her just walking down the street, I would have never thought that she was Hispanic, because she certainly didn't look like it; it was only when she spoke to me that it was revealed that she is an immigrant from Latin America, because when she speaks English, she has a thick Spanish accent.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blond

But then, I did the research, and I found out that unlike all of the other countries in Latin America, Argentina has a lot of blondes. Their culture is more European in nature than the rest of Latin America, and they received a lot of immigrants from countries such as Germany, which has a lot of blondes. Argentinians are indistinguishable from white Americans, because they both descend from Europeans; the only difference is that Argentinians speak Spanish.

So I wonder: have any of you ever seen or met a blonde-haired Hispanic or Latina? Or if not, did you know that they exist?
    Last edited by SuperMillionaire; 10-01-2014 at 08:04 PM.
    Is that your final answer?