Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night Review

...you hot, salty nut! Recognized Member fire_of_avalon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Oh don't you fret, there is always ham in the grilled cheeses in the foa household.

And good, Scotty! Glad to know I'm not the only easily excitable Elizabeth in these parts.

Signature by rubah. I think.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by fire_of_avalon View Post
    I don't remember having to throw the food on the floor to eat it, but I do remember that after I found the croque monsieur I had to go look it up because I wanted to make one and then I realized it's basically a grilled cheese sandwich.
    I know you have to for the pot roast. Equip > press square/circle > pot roast fall out of Alucard onto the floor > walk over pot roast. The potion you just pressed the button, but still had to equip.

My mom also told me if there's one game she'd play it'd be this one. I knew my mom had good tastes. Though lol at her acting like she never played a game before.

Quote Originally Posted by ToriJ View Post

That's an interesting place to put a chair.
    This is no mistake. Once you get the Gravity Boots you can shoot yourself upwards from underneath and propel the Librarian upwards. Do it enough times and he starts to drop some pretty sweet gear for you.

So much thought put into this game. The only real criticism I have of it is that Alucard's magic attacks are like smurfing impossible to memorize and/or input correctly. I feel like nobody actually makes use of this mechanic because it's so obscure and difficult. I guess I would've also liked the game to be a bit more difficult. Once you get to the end of the game you're just a completely unstoppable tank. For those looking for a similarly-styled Castlevania game that is somewhat more challenging, go for Aria of Sorrow.

FFXIV Character

Kaladin Cho'Sinn (Sargatanas)

[QUOTE=I Took the Red Pill;3472989]
    So much thought put into this game. The only real criticism I have of it is that Alucard's magic attacks are like smurfing impossible to memorize and/or input correctly. I feel like nobody actually makes use of this mechanic because it's so obscure and difficult. I guess I would've also liked the game to be a bit more difficult. Once you get to the end of the game you're just a completely unstoppable tank. For those looking for a similarly-styled Castlevania game that is somewhat more challenging, go for Aria of Sorrow.
    Yes, that'd be my main/only gripe as well. The input system for the magic is overly complicated and it just doesn't feel right for the game. The last time I played, I made it a point to get the magic down, but even once I did, I rarely ever wanted to use it.

Most games like this can be as difficult as you let it be. If you collect everything, get all powerups/etc, of course you're going to be a beast. KISS, and the game's underlying difficulty shows itself. I like games that allow me to be the arbiter of the challenge. Because sometimes I want to be really challenged, but sometimes I just want to enjoy being a badass and destroying everything in sight with ease.

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

A lot of the simple magic is weak, but Soul Steal is like game-breakingly good. Difficult input is the only possible knock against it, one you get good at it the game balance is significantly altered.
    >>Am willing to change opinions based on data<<

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by I Took the Red Pill View Post

That's an interesting place to put a chair.
    This is no mistake. Once you get the Gravity Boots you can shoot yourself upwards from underneath and propel the Librarian upwards. Do it enough times and he starts to drop some pretty sweet gear for you.
    Didn't think it was. I was just making a joke about him more or less sitting on top of a hole.

...you hot, salty nut! Recognized Member fire_of_avalon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I don't think I ever got to the point where I was knocking him over, I just assumed that was his garbage hole.

Signature by rubah. I think.

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

Looks like an outhouse to me.
    >>Am willing to change opinions based on data<<