Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ASMR videos

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Default ASMR videos

This is getting pretty big...well actually it's already really big. Comedians are starting to talk about it now: http://youtu.be/J9VXJPB3Eq0 Warning: video contains some profanity.

When I started getting in to whispering videos after watching Big Brother 8 or 10 After Dark (can't remember but it was the one with Evil Dick) where most of the dialogue was them whispering. Then I realized it was very comforting and de-stressing so I sought out to watch more of these types of YouTube and I listen to people like WhisperingLife and WhisperingVoice back when it wasn't very big.They have really pleasant and calming voices. Now there's other types of relaxation videos becoming popular that are very that have everything from rain noises to brushing noises. A lot of people find me weird and think it's a fetish, which it isn't for me. Total non-sexual, and totally for comfort and to help me sleep, but they have roleplaying relaxation videos for people in to that too. xD

What do you do to de-stress or sleep? Are you in to asmr or whispering videos?

I remember Rhett and Link talking about this once, and they suggested everyone watch this one video that went through a variety of sounds and ranges of hertz and whatnot so that anyone watching could figure out what triggers the goosebumps. ASMR I believe covers more than just whispering, but its not quite white noise either. And white noise has become quite popular along side it. I listen to Star Trek TNG engine noise as white noise to sleep to when my girlfriend isn't around (even though she falls asleep to netflix, youtube, and a variety of fans and machines in the room, she has some weird issue with me listening to music and specific white noise while we try to sleep). I've yet to figure out if any type of whispering or hair brushing noises do anything for me

The videos you watch, are they just calming, or have you found the particular frequency that sets your body off? Indeed it isn't really a sexual thing, though it can be arousing. But that's just because it's a physical response. Goosebumps is the most frequent response. I need to go give myself goosebumps

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I usually watch videos that have typing, whispering, or eating particular foods as those set off the tingling sensation in my head and it usually makes me sleepy so I fall asleep quite often with my headphones still on. Ironically, it has to be certain foods, because the sound of people eating things like apples or chewing gum actually does the exact opposite of relaxing me.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I like ASMR videos.

I actually like the roleplay ones, it's not a sexual thing for me either I just like the overall calming sensation I get. I usually only watch the haircut roleplay and make up roleplay because the sound of scissors cutting hair. Omg... so much tingling! And I also like the sound of make up brushes and stuff. There is this one video that I love, I think it's UnicornWhispers Spa roleplay? Or something and it knocks me out everytime. She has the most adorable little russian accent, and she's just playing with water and putting on a face mask but it sounds so nice. It freaks me out, like how much I enjoy the sounds and how it calms me.

I also have misophonia and the sound of people eating will send me into an angry mood and I don't understand it it just does. So how I have the complete opposite reaction to other sounds is weird to me.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

I tried it because of this thread but god damn all this whispering is smurfing gross with all that lip smacking.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    I tried it because of this thread but god damn all this whispering is smurfing gross with all that lip smacking.
    that

Blog Entries

I just have my fish tank water making ambient noise for me in my room

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

You know me. I could go on all day about ASMR videos. Well, I could go on for a partial day because then I'd fall asleep due to insane relaxation. Here are some good ones. I watch ASMR videos almost every night.

Should be noted:

Autonomous sensory meridian response (ASMR)

Is not strictly whispering. It covers a wide range of sounds that are relaxing and give a characteristic tingle sensation in your brain-case. Usually coupled with goosebumps

I admit the whispering kinda gets to me too. But once in a while you find someone who does it just your style as well. So whatever. Not many people are going to have the same response to the same videos. It's a wide range of responses to all sorts of stimuli. And sometimes whispers just aren't it. Brushes, bristles, scratching, tapping, turning of book pages, soft breathing, chewing of certain types of foods. There's a whole world to explore. Though I imagine there are people who have no response to ASMR stimuli. Which would be sad, but since I've never experienced one I guess I have no reason to feel sympathy for them. But then again, I kinda want that. I've just never been driven to go out and look for it. Sorry if I'm repeating some things from my other post. Didn't feel like going back and re-reading it to make sure :3

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Okay, close-minded people, there are plenty of other types of ASMR videos that don't have whispering or people talking in them. There's a wide variety to choose from and I think most people would be surprised that something is able to relax them and give them a tingling sensation in their spine, neck, and head. Just have to find the right thing.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

I came in with an open mind! I tried it out and didn't get it. I'm willing to give it another shot - which videos would you recommend that doesn't have a blonde girl whispering at me?

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

There's such a large variety. I had no idea where to begin. Recently I found a video of a cat purring for 8 minutes. There's a video of a guy putting legos together, typewriter noises, sweeping, vacuuming, opening a box xD I mean there's a lot. There's a lot of videos out there that don't give me a relaxing response, but triggers for other people. Definitely a good alternative to taking sleeping pills.

FFXIV Character

Kaladin Cho'Sinn (Sargatanas)

Almost all of it annoys the piss out of me. I can't take it. It actually causes a lot of tension. All of it except a cat purring. That's my sound. Best sound in the whole world.

Articles
    Blog Entries

This ordeal is entirely new to me so I haven't experimented with it much. I know from some digging that there are people who can't experience ASMR.

Some damn good videos on YouTube, though.