Thread: FanArt Friday! Final Fantasy Fan Art Showcase of the Week #88

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Default FanArt Friday! Final Fantasy Fan Art Showcase of the Week #88

It's FanArt Friday! Welcome to another edition of Final Fantasy Fan Art Showcase of the Week! Proto has run this for 87 weeks now, so I clearly have some big shoes to fill, but I'll do my best. I hope you send him a massive thanks for his efforts over that time, and thankfully he'll be continuing working with the DeviantArt EyesonFF group. Are you watching the group? I hope so!

This week will see one other minor change aside from the host, and that is the addition of Cosplay of the Week. Each week we'll be showing off one of the best Cosplays we can find around DeviantArt. I have to say, this week's one is pretty freakin' awesome. With all that blab out of the way, let's get to the important stuff - FanArt!

STELLA [ FINAL FANTASY XIII VERSUS] by YukiFantasy

While we've had it confirmed recently that FFXV will have an all-male playable cast, let's not forget that there are some beautiful ladies in the game that will hopefully feature prominent roles. Speaking of beautiful, check out this incredible artwork by YukiFantasy! It reminds me of how in The Spirits Within they spent all that time making sure every hair was perfect. Clearly, Stella has got similar treatment from this Malaysian artist.

Fran FFXII by Songes-et-crayons

More traditional art, you say? Well, I aim to please! Or rather, in this case, Songes-et-crayons aims to please, with great success. Here we see Fran getting in touch with nature (quite literally), a masterpiece of watercolor and ink. Feel free to discuss Ivalice's most famous Viera along with her friends in our Final Fantasy XII forum.

Commission: Entropy-Zeta - Final Fantasy X Page 1 by ShiftyMcGearJam

Ah, fear not, it's not only female characters this week! Okay, so it's pretty close. But shh! That's Tidus, and it doesn't matter if he's facing away - he's in a loving embrace with Yuna and if you don’t sense the feels, there's something wrong with you. This is a commissioned artwork created by the splendidly named ShiftyMcGearJam.

Krile and moogle (FFV) by Yuko-Tsukechi

Tidus and Yuna aren't the only one getting cuddles! A rather chipper looking Krile is clinging to her favourite Moogle in Yuko-Tsukechi's take of the old school FF star. I'll be the first to concede I'm not a fan of Krile, but I have to say, I find myself endeared to her in this image. Also, FFV represent! I love that game so much.

A Tonberry Meeting some place dark. by TheClawTheySay

From one cuddly, adorable picture featuring a Final Fantasy staple to another cuddly, adorable picture featuring a Final Fantasy staple! Wait. Oh God. No. Run. RUN! ESCAPE! Oh God we're all going to die. Seriously, this Tonberry is amazing and I love it. A frighteningly good effort by TheClawTheySay. Now, if only some man dressed in absurd yet awesome armour could come and save us from that doinky little knife...

Dragoon by truefd and Handsome Jordan Cosplay

And the very first Cosplay of the Week in the FanArt Showcase goes to… Handsome Jordan Cosplay and truefd, aka David Love Photography! I don't know how they imported Jordan into the Coerthas of (back before it got a severe case of eternal Winter) Final Fantasy XIV, but I'm pretty sure that's Isghard in the background. This is jawdroppingly good.

What do you think of all these wonderful pieces? Are you on DeviantArt? Do you have any favourite artists there? Let us know by leaving comments on this article and, of course, click the photos to be taken to the respective DA pages so you can leave comments for them, too!
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Holy crap, that cosplay is amazing!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I know, right!? I mean I'm pretty sure it's not 100% real because that castle in the background can't be real, can it? But even so, if you check the raw stuff over at his Facebook it's still insane how perfect he got the Dragoon suit. Just amazing.

Blog Entries

OMFG BOB THAT TONBERRY IS TO DIE FOR. I think I just found my tattoo.

That Stella is balls too. And Fran.

Banished Ace Recognized Member Agent Proto's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Amazing showcase you have here! I really dig that cosplay. I thought the picture was a piece of art at first, but I'm still not really sure if it's an actual photo or not. Either way, the showcase looks like they're in good hands with you taking over.

Apparently, I have been declared banished.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Thank you so much for the showcases you've done before proto! It's become a "thing" with eoff now and i'm so glad you stuck with it consistently for so long. Since BoB interacts with the DA community already, i'm confident your baby wont be taken in the wrong direction. :3

I think the photo is manipulated but the cosplay itself is real.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Yeah, the cosplay itself is legit. And epic.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Woo. Some good ones this week. I love the Stella and Tonberry one the most.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Love the Stella and Fran, but they're all great

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

You brought out the heavy hitters this week. That Stellla is fantastic. I really love the watercolor Fran. The Tidus and Yuna are really clean and that Kain cosplay is phenom. Oh yeah, I'm going to watch a couple of these artists.