Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What if Final Fantasy never returns to its roots?

Articles
    Blog Entries

The only reason the earlier games stuck to clearly defined genres was due to hardware limitations; even then, FFI had its Wind Shrine with robots and computers everywhere. Once they were able to render it, FF had always been about unique amalgamations of settings and I hope they continue to innovate on that front.

This is probably why I'm usually indifferent to Western RPGs - the games that break from thoroughly established Science Fiction/Fantasy settings are few and far between.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolivar View Post
    This is probably why I'm usually indifferent to Western RPGs - the games that break from thoroughly established Science Fiction/Fantasy settings are few and far between.
    Torment - Tides of Numenera

Not super familiar with the source, but from what I skimmed it's a conglomeration of hundreds of civilizations at their billion-year climax/destruction all thrown together no matter how far they advanced in science, or weird they became over the eons. It seems like it will be an interesting mixture of ... everything. Planescape - Torment was kinda-sorta that in a way as well. The brewing pot of everything