View Poll Results: Shall I get a PS Vita or PS TV?

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • Portability rules, Vita!

2 100.00%
  • Big screen all the way, PS TV!

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help me decide: PS Vita or PS TV?

Articles
    Blog Entries

There's been a ton of awesome Vita games getting announced lately but a lot of them are cross play with PS4. While that's awesome for commuters like me, I realize it won't mean as much for someone who doesn't really game outside of the house. Still, you already got a Playstation hooked up to a TV, you're going to get more value out of playing those games natively on a handheld anywhere in the house (Vita) versus playing a lower resolution version on a big screen (PS TV). When you factor in those compatibility issues and the touch interface (I really think it augments a lot of games, especially indies) I think it's an easy choice.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Kurisu Kazama (Sargatanas)

That's very true, Bolivar.

You've all helped me make up my mind. My decision is...

*drum roll*

*continuing drum roll*

The PlayStation Vita! The PS TV sounds like a good device and has the benefit of remote play using a Dual Shock 4, but that's about the only benefit. The Vita has the back touch pad though so that solves that problem, even if some say it can be quite uncomfortable. But I'd rather not be cut off from Vita games that use the touch controls, and as Bolivar says the games will look better.
    <a href=http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m3/Valentine-06/Signatures/fat_mooglesig2.png target=_blank>http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...mooglesig2.png</a>

Recognized Member Scotty_ffgamer's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Scotty Ffgamer (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

You've made a wise decision. I hope you don't buy your Vita from a Gamestop. Maybe it would be different for you there, but around here all the Gamestops seem to belittle anyone who owns a Vita and does their best to try to hide their inventory of Vita games.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Might wanna wait a month if you can to get a good black Friday or cyber Monday type deal. I know I got the 3G walking dead bundle off Amazon for 170 with a few extra games on top.

Also don't forget to "purchase" your free games off the Playstation Store if you have PS+, so you can transfer them once you register the Vita. This month Pix the Cat, Rainbow Moon and Spelunky are free on Vita (as well as their PS3/PS4 versions), all very well received games.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by fat_moogle View Post
    First things first, yes, I am male

Reading through some of these points is swaying me towards getting another Vita, especially the one about the firmware issue. I know these things can be fixed, but I might as well get the system that works as was intended. I don't know if we'll be getting many more games being announced for the Vita, but if we do it'd be good to know that I'll definitely be able to play them.
    It's too late now. You've been classified as female in my records. Deal with it dot jaypeegee
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Articles

FFXIV Character

Kurisu Kazama (Sargatanas)

Oh yea, I've got PS+ as I'm still on my free trial that was packaged with PS4. I'll make sure to download them games might differ a bit for me though as I'm from the UK.And Minage maybe I'll just change my username to Quina, then you can call me what the hell you want!
    <a href=http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m3/Valentine-06/Signatures/fat_mooglesig2.png target=_blank>http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...mooglesig2.png</a>

Recognized Member Scotty_ffgamer's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Scotty Ffgamer (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Don't forget, even if you are going to wait a while for the Vita, you can still get on PSN on your computer to tie those free PS+ games to your account!