Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Nick Jonas - "Jealous"

I know they're not children forever, but still, I don't think it should be necessary.

And the reason why I care is because little children, including some of my relatives, look up to them as role models.
    Is that your final answer?

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Why do you think it shouldn't be necessary that an adult feels okay in doing adult things?

Also the comment about role models, they're human. If you're relatives are looking up to tv stars as role models and expecting them to be the pillar of piety then they are attributing their tv show roles and morals to the actors themselves. That is just a role they play, not themselves. What you should do is encourage your relatives to have role models that are good people themselves. Like Malala Yousafzai. She's the youngest Nobel Peace prize winner and currently only 17. She's fighting for child education and human rights in the middle east. If you listen to her speak, she's quite brilliant at such a young age.

My point is, SuperMillionaire, is that actors are acting. They aren't who they are on tv. They aren't choosing to do great and noble things like their roles may suggest. If, outside their roles, they are doing great things then that makes them worthy of a role model title but not merely for the roles they take as actors. Like Emma Watson for example and her female rights advocacy in less socially developed areas. Or Angelina Jolie and being a UN Ambassador of peace and goodwill. You should encourage your family members, if they really want a role model, to aspire to be like those who do good things on their own because they are good people. Not because of a role or channel they we on but because they want to help people and the world.

Actors are people too. Just because they are on tv doesn't mean they must be or act a certain way in their personal life.