Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: So let's talk about a Remake.

FFXIV Character

Kaladin Cho'Sinn (Sargatanas)

They don't. I would love to see a FF go full-on Amano style but I doubt we'll ever see it. I hope if it ever happens it's better than the IV-remake style. I insist that FFVI deserves more.

Krankzinnigheid ligt dich Colonel Angus's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

A no to Amano.

There should be a balance struck between the designs of SNES FF6 and Amano's artwork. The SNES models were overly simplistic representations of the original artwork.

That being said, if they change Terra's hair to blonde there will be a troutstorm on the internet immediately.

There should be a balance struck between the designs of SNES FF6 and Amano's artwork. The SNES models were overly simplistic representations of the original artwork.

That being said, if they change Terra's hair to blonde there will be a troutstorm on the internet immediately.

FFXIV Character

Quote Originally Posted by Spooniest View Post

There'll be a troutstorm in my pants, I know that much.

There will be a troutstorm on EoFF, I know that much.

Quote Originally Posted by chionos View Post

There'll be a troutstorm in my pants, I know that much.

There will be a troutstorm on EoFF, I know that much.
    Wat

Krankzinnigheid ligt dich Colonel Angus's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

They better not touch those green locks!

And Sabin must be able to suplex the train.

Pretty much all there is to it, beyond maintaining the speed of the gameplay and story progression.

I literally just signed up to this forum because I saw this thread. I've been an FF fan since Final Fantasy 2 came out for the SNES. After playing 3 (VI) I was changed. I have been hoping for a remake ever since remakes started becoming a thing. I soon realized that this was not in the picture for Squenix. Well I just finished getting my AS in Video Game Design and I'm here to find like minded gentlemen and women who would be interested in doing the remake ourselves. A team tried to do a Chrono Trigger remake but got shut down. Their mistake was posting updates about it as well as a trailer. Anyone interested in doing this on the downlow? My thoughts on the Opera scene would be something similar to the new rhythm game, you would have to hit the notes as they came across the screen, and tied in to the singing. So is there anyone on this with any Max or Maya skills?

I think if they decide to remake any final fantasy, they should not use the 3ds as their platform as it is not worthy of remaking a game to its full potential. Could you imagine the beauty of Terra if she was rendered using the power of the Playstation 4? Could you imagine how intricate the detail in the steampunk style towns? Imagine how awesome the raft scene would be with current gen graphics. Any remake considered should be done using the best available tools. Sure, it would take much more effort, but who wants to settle for something that was just thrown together on an aging handheld console with low polygon graphics? When people talk about a remake of any game, the main factor for me is purely in how the graphics are presented, because lets face it, its the same game with updated graphics.

We seem pretty unanimous on here. I like everything that's being said.

Sabin must suplex the train, and all that, but so far there's nothing here that sounds like much of a bad idea...

...Except maybe the whole anime-cel-shaded thing. I don't think that'd work.

FFXIV Character

...Except maybe the whole anime-cel-shaded thing. I don't think that'd work.
    Well, it could work maybe. I mean, they could make a good game out of it. It just wouldn't be the same FFVI. It wouldn't be what I personally would want out of a remake. I mean, I'm not against cel-shading outright, there have been plenty of cel-shaded games that I loved (Dark Cloud being an obvious example). I just think it wouldn't nearly do the game justice. If you can go all-out (and we know SE can go all-out), then smurfing go all-out.