Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What do you hope to see?

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    I'm hoping to see an open world, meaning the whole world and not just one region or city. One of the great things in FF is exploring the world via airship and chocobo and visiting several diverse locations.

I don't need seamless transition over the whole damn map. I'd prefer traveling over far distances to more contained areas than having free range over an area of smaller scope.
    I think tabata said it was like Red dead redemption(hey at least it isn't a series of hallways). And who was at Square that said "You can go to the Montains"​?

One of the many things I would like to see would be the method of earning summons like in FFXII where you had to go off to a remote location, do some side-quest, and then face the beast and win in order to have them as part of your crew. Love this method instead of just finding an item and it's a summon, or someone gifting you it.
    I'm a water dude, jet skis, water pools
    Surfin' the (waaaave), I'm hurtin' the (waaaave)...
    "Oh Yes" ~ Juelz Santana

Quote Originally Posted by BustaMo View Post
    One of the many things I would like to see would be the method of earning summons like in FFXII where you had to go off to a remote location, do some side-quest, and then face the beast and win in order to have them as part of your crew. Love this method instead of just finding an item and it's a summon, or someone gifting you it.
    I think it's been said in the past that you earn summons by defeating them, but I do hope that not all of them are story points (like Leviathan is) and there are some challenging hidden ones!

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Yes I would much prefer side quests to find the summons (like FFXII or going all the way back to FFIV) rather than they all being story-related fights (like FFXIII).

With the focus on exploration in this game it would be really cool to randomly discover a hidden area that contains a new summon!

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Articles
    Blog Entries

Really, I'm just excited to see the fruits of Nomura's "passion project". Like, what has he been pouring into this for the past couple years? Tabata seems to be trying very hard to stick to Nomura's vision, so we'll see.
    Returners Represent!

Extremely interesting optional bosses just chilling on the 'world map' that are a nightmare to defeat.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

I hope to see this game released on Steam at the same time that it's released on consoles.

They should make it so you could navigate by the stars, or some game should do this...

FFXIV Character

Kaladin Cho'Sinn (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Hannibal_Khan View Post
    They should make it so you could navigate by the stars, or some game should do this...
    There are games where you can technically do this, though none that use it as a mechanic built into the game that I know of.

Most of the games where you can do that also have detailed maps that make it unnecessary. I did sometimes use the sky to help me navigate in FFXI when I'd get mixed up from fighting and not want to pull up the map.

A true survival game where you have a compass and the stars and have to make your way through some woods/mountains/desert could be interesting. There are games that have moments of this kind of thing, but I mean a game entirely focused on it. Maybe there's already a game like that and I don't know about it, in which case I'd love to hear about it.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by chionos View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannibal_Khan View Post
    There are games where you can technically do this, though none that use it as a mechanic built into the game that I know of.

Most of the games where you can do that also have detailed maps that make it unnecessary. I did sometimes use the sky to help me navigate in FFXI when I'd get mixed up from fighting and not want to pull up the map.

A true survival game where you have a compass and the stars and have to make your way through some woods/mountains/desert could be interesting. There are games that have moments of this kind of thing, but I mean a game entirely focused on it. Maybe there's already a game like that and I don't know about it, in which case I'd love to hear about it.
    They should make a game based in Bermuda's Triangle where you hunt treasure and/or sunken ships/planes on small islands you can only find by using the stars to navigate, due to computer and compass equipment being unreliable because, well, Bermuda's Triangle.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Quote Originally Posted by Griever731 View Post
    Extremely interesting optional bosses just chilling on the 'world map' that are a nightmare to defeat.
    You know I'm going to go attack that Adamantoise from the trailer the first chance I get.

After saving, of course.

I'm discussing my 108, er, 111 favorite games of all time in THIS THREAD so go check it out and join the conversation!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by metagloria View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Griever731 View Post
    You know I'm going to go attack that Adamantoise from the trailer the first chance I get.

After saving, of course.
    Likewise.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Articles
    Blog Entries

5000 gils on the Adamantoise.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

It'll take you 15 actual hours to beat the Adamantoise so you may wanna save him for later...

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

I'd like to travel way far out on the world map and find a small town that has absolutely nothing to do with plot whatsoever. You can talk to a couple of NPC and explore the town which has a relaxing piece from the score. All I need to find in this middle of nowhere location is a treasure or two, and possibly an item shop with a unique item.