Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: What do you hope to see?

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

ichigo What do you hope to see?

Okay, so now that we've been getting some info about the game and we can finally move past "dream game" to the more likely reality, what are you hoping to see from this game now?

They need to show a new trailer with english voice actors, towns, chocobo's , and show some more summons. I'm betting we get some juicy new footage at Jump Festa .

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

The only thing I really cared about is not going to be in, so I'm not looking for anything specific from now on. A steerable airship would be cool, but I wouldn't be upset if there isn't one.

Krankzinnigheid ligt dich Colonel Angus's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Full frontal nudity.

Not really, but I'd actually like to see how the leveling system will work.

FFXIV Character

Kaladin Cho'Sinn (Sargatanas)

I hope to see a snapshot of Yoshitaka Amano, Hironobu Sakaguchi, Nobuo Uematsu, Yoshinori Katasi, and Hiroyuki Ito as an easter egg after the end credits with a sign that says, "We're back, bitches! FFXVI 2017"

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

I want to know the English VAs. That'll be a big thing for me. Otherwise, I'm already intrigued so nothing drastic I want to know about now besides the VAs

I'd like to see more of the magic system. Also would love to get a glimpse at some of the classic FF staples like chocobos and moogles.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I hope it is a fun game and not stupid. The XIII series was fun, but also pretty stupid. So that's the bar.

Admittedly, I've been more critical of this game once it got the FFXV label. Some of this may be unfair since Versus was what it was when it got the rebrand and expecting a dramatic change would be a stretch. But I feel part of it is not unfair. SE made a conscious decision to rebrand this as FFXV and with that they must accept that the expectations elevate with that label. It has been a tough pill to swallow with a lot of the departures from what this series has meant to me, though I do get that FF has never been a series to emphasize consistency. Overall it seems cool so far.

What do I expect out of this game at this point? The same thing I expected from Versus: a fun action RPG that vaguely reminds you of those Final Fantasy games they used to make. What did I expect out of FFXV (pre-rebrand)? One of those Final Fantasy games they used to make.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Articles
    Blog Entries

For one of the giant monsters to lift up its foot and squash you flat, killing you in a single blow for being stupid about charging a monster that's twice your side.

Bonus points if they can do this even while you're driving the car.

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    What do I expect out of this game at this point? The same thing I expected from Versus: a fun action RPG that vaguely reminds you of those Final Fantasy games they used to make. What did I expect out of FFXV (pre-rebrand)? One of those Final Fantasy games they used to make.
    Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    Chances are FFXVI has been in development since the announcement of the new consoles and they are waiting until XV is released to announce it.
    So do you anticipate XVI will be "One of those Final Fantasy games they used to make". And what would it take to make it a FF like that?

A decent combat system would be nice. I'm a little sceptical having seen the trailer as I really wasn't a fan of XIII's "auto-battle" thing.

Also, I'm not so sure I'll like playing as what looks like a Japanese version of One Direction.

I know, I know! But I just hope they're given some personality and they're not just a group of "lads" with no terms on endearment whatsoever.

I do like the scale of some of these fights, though. Bring on the fight against Leviathan!

Articles

FFXIV Character

Kurisu Kazama (Sargatanas)

The main area I'd like to see discussed next, more so than anything actually, is the levelling system. I've mentioned this somewhere in another thread, but it will be interesting to see where Tabata takes it. Will there be traditional levels as seen in the earlier FF's and, if so, how will characters learn abilities? I would love a return to something similar to FFIX, where you level up in the normal manner but learn new abilities from weapons and armour.

I'm thinking though that it will be a more streamlined progression like X and XIII, where levels are removed and replaced by the Sphere Grid and Crystarium. The "hold x to level" was pretty boring in XIII. But then so is having to move / unlock / learn / move / unlock / learn.

There's definitely room for innovation.
    <a href=http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m3/Valentine-06/Signatures/fat_mooglesig2.png target=_blank>http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...mooglesig2.png</a>