Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Most Overrated Character

Articles
    Blog Entries

Default Most Overrated Character

For me it has to be Zack. I just never found him all that interesting beyond his role as a plot point. When you flesh him out too much the original game starts to seem less consequential in comparison to the far inferior Compliation games.

Beyond that I couldn't give half a crap about Squall or Lightning beyond finding their designs neat.

Articles

I loved Zacck in Crisis Core. I found him a far better protagonist than Cloud.

I dislike Tidus. The entire game is about Yuna aand he tags along for the journey. But it's all from his perspective. It's pretty lame.

Krankzinnigheid ligt dich Colonel Angus's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

:monster:

Quote Originally Posted by Dat Matt View Post
    I loved Zacck in Crisis Core. I found him a far better protagonist than Cloud.

I dislike Tidus. The entire game is about Yuna aand he tags along for the journey. But it's all from his perspective. It's pretty lame.
    Matt hates Tidus more than Kimahri! You heard it here first! Right from the horse's mouth. Kimahri > Tidus. #FearTheSpear

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

Vivi. Yes I said it. Not that I dislike him, I think he is a well designed and written character. i just don't get why he is held in such reverence.
    >>Am willing to change opinions based on data<<

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Cloud.

I'm pretty sure Tidus isn't all that well rated in the first place, let alone overrated :P

I would say General Leo. He's cool and all, but he doesn't really do much for the story, and he may be one of the only nice guys employed by the empire, most of his love comes from speculation about his personality and ambition rather than what's legitimately fleshed out. He's in a total of like 3 scenes and people act like they know all about his character and how awesome he is. I have no problem with him. He just doesn't mean a lot to me. But maybe it's been too long since I've played the game

Tifa. Why do people like her so much? So, she has huge boobs and Cloud is everything that's on her mind, and that makes her special? Nah, not for me, sorry.

And Lightning. She's so popular with XIII fans (and Square Enix staff members, apparently), and I just never understood why. I find her terribly boring.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Cloud, Cloud, Cloud, Cloud, Cloud, Cloud. Cloud is overrated. I mean, I love him like a brother, but man he was everywhere.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Kain

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

You know what character people love more than Cloud? Sephiroth. That dude is a dry, visually cliche mama's boy.

Zack and Kain.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Depends on who is the one rating them. If it's Square-Enix then Lightning. I don't really have a huge place in my heart for EoFF favourites Vivi or Kefka either, and I've never liked internet darling Zack.

FFXIV Character

Kaladin Cho'Sinn (Sargatanas)

If you don't like the narrative perspective of FFX, then you probably haven't read The Sound and the Fury or any other first person narrative that tells someone else's story (I call it third person by proxy). The whole story of TSatF is about the character Caddy, and she never gets to narrate her own story. You can't knock Benjy for the story taking time to show Caddy through his eyes. Telling the story through Tidus is the best way to show Yuna's story, imo. If it were from her perspective from the beginning, our sympathies would be forced and not genuine. I think the Tidus character is effective in leading us to Yuna.

Quote Originally Posted by Taiga View Post
    Tifa. Why do people like her so much? So, she has huge boobs and Cloud is everything that's on her mind, and that makes her special? Nah, not for me, sorry.

And Lightning. She's so popular with XIII fans (and Square Enix staff members, apparently), and I just never understood why. I find her terribly boring.
    I think you answered your own question, bruh. Because she's a terrible character. But she has boobs.

I hate Lightning. I don't think anyone actually likes Lightning. Anyone on the internet saying otherwise is a Square Enix PR robot.

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    Depends on who is the one rating them. If it's Square-Enix then Lightning. I don't really have a huge place in my heart for EoFF favourites Vivi or Kefka either, and I've never liked internet darling Zack.
    I have to agree with all of this. I always liked Ashe more than Lightning when it comes to strong female leads.

I won't say Tidus just because nobody likes him.

Quote Originally Posted by chionos View Post
    I think you answered your own question, bruh. Because she's a terrible character. But she has boobs.
    What a stupid and superficial reason to like a character. But what about female Tifa fans? I don't think all of them are lesbians.