Thread: Patch 2.4 Screenshots Show Fenrir, Ninja, and Rogue! - Final Fantasy XIV

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Default Patch 2.4 Screenshots Show Fenrir, Ninja, and Rogue! - Final Fantasy XIV

As well as dropping more details on the three new dungeons for Patch 2.4, Square Enix have released a load of pretty screenshots for us fans to oggle over! The screenshots have been released over at GameWatch and show lots of new content, including some cute Rogue pictures, some badass Ninja images, and even a picture of fan-favourite mascot, Fenrir...

It seems that Fenrir will be starring as the final boss of new dungeon, Snowcloak. In another screenshot he can be seen guarding the dungeon ferociously. He looks pretty scary, but fans are happy to see him in the game, although some are disappointed he has been demoted to just a dungeon boss.

Fenrir is not the only boss in Snowcloak, however, as a screenshot of a huge Cyclops is also floating around. With a Dungeon usually having 3 boss instances, I wonder what the third boss will be?

qarn1.jpgqarn2.jpg
    These Qarn screenshots show a possible boss battle, and some of the location.

sas2.jpgqarn3.jpg
    The Sastasha Seagrot looks pretty, but beware of deadly giant scorpions and remember to attack while tail is up.

Possibly the most exciting screenshots are those of the highly anticipated new class/job Rogue and Ninja!

I think the Rogues looks super cute in their little outfits, and I can't wait to seem them running around in game. I can only imagine how many players are going to pick the class up on the day the patch drops, so I'm guessing I'll be seeing armies and armies of Rogues!

The Ninjas look positively badass and very, very cool. I am looking forward to running some dungeons with these guys for sure! Whether or not I will play as Rogue/Ninja... I haven't quite decided yet, as I have mentioned we're going to be seeing a TONNE of these for a while, so it's going to affect the game quite a lot. Dungeons queues will be affected, the Market board will also be affected as these guys are going to be buying in a tonne of new gear. Still, it looks to be an exciting class to really shake things up in the game following the Patch. What do you think? Will you be playing a Rogue/Ninja?
    Last edited by Night Fury; 10-07-2014 at 06:03 AM.

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

I love this Fenrir design. Very cool! I'm also really looking foward to the rogue, as well. One of my favorite FF classes. Unfortunately my subscription has been out for a bit, but this is the type of thing I'll come back for. I'm looking forward to so many things in 2.4.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Yeah, Patch 2.4 is really going to shake things up. I'm waiting for news on the new race too, now THAT is going to be big big news when it drops...

i n v i s i b l e Tech Admin o_O's Avatar
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Humphrey Squibbles (Sargatanas)

Really looking forward to this patch, but by the power of Greyskull is the duty finder going to be awful when the new jobs are available.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

It's why I'm not going to change for a very long time, even to another DPS class which really sucks. Could be perfect time to level a Tank though.

FFXIV Character

Laurelin Kementari (Sargatanas)

Is it me or does that scorpion-ish boss in the Sastasha screenshots remind anyone of the lobster-creature in FF V that dragged down your ship?

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

amigads rogue is gorgeous!

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Wait Fenrir is snowy in this game? Isn't that.. shiva's thing?

FFXIV Character

Kaladin Cho'Sinn (Sargatanas)

Well, he is a Scandinavian god, a god of the north.

That said, I don't think Fenrir is supposed to be snowy, even if this dungeon is snowy. Shiva's still (and always) the queen of snow.

It seems he's just another boss now, nothing special about him. Which is sad. Fenrir was great in FFXI. Wish he came even close to that in XIV.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

no, he was more like a scandinavian god's pet dog, who then turned mean and bit his hand off.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

FFXIV Character

Kaladin Cho'Sinn (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    no, he was more like a scandinavian god's pet dog, who then turned mean and bit his hand off.
    being a scandinavian god's pet dog makes one a god

any being that can eat the moon is a god in my book. for further proof, god is just dog spelled backwards.