Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: An HD remake

XII needs an HD remake way more than X did. I'd be shocked if they didn't do one as it's exactly the sort of thing that's good to tide people over between main franchise entries. The only question on my mind would be: before XV or after?

No game is cheap to make. Remasters are not cheap to make. But they are a heck of a lot cheaper to make than a full new product, so it's very attractive from their point of view financially. I guess we have to wait until they've remastered X another half dozen times though :]

Krankzinnigheid ligt dich Colonel Angus's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

XV will most def come out before any XII HD Remastered remake.

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

I'm so greedy. After watching E3 today I found myself bummed because there was no XII HD announcement, yet I'm looking forward to pretty much every game they did announce.

The skyscraper of hype I have for all these new games is plenty enough and I'm so grateful for all the new titles, but I have hope this will show up in the future at some point.

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

If you have a reasonable PC, you can emulate the game in HD. It looks gorgeous.

Last edited by Fynn; 06-17-2015 at 02:31 PM.
    I like Kung-Fu.

Krankzinnigheid ligt dich Colonel Angus's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

I needs me IZJS, so I could complain how it's so limiting compared to the original.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by DMKA View Post

I'd still need that reasonable PC, and I can't really call that portable, even if it's a laptop.

We really, desperately need FFXII IZJS HD for the Vita. Why doesn't SE listen?

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

FF12 is one of the most easily emulated PS2 games. An i5 laptop could probably do it without a lot of trouble.

I too am pretty bummed about the lack of a FF12 port confirmation.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Articles

FFXIV Character

Kurisu Kazama (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by DMKA View Post

Quite a big improvement!

Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Fingers crossed for TGS!
    SE said that they'd think about FFXII HD if FFX HD sold well enough. I'm not sure what its sales figures are but I'm guessing it must have sold a fair bit across PS3, PS Vita and PS4. TGS will probably be all about FFXV and possibly the FFVII remake though, so FFXII is stuck between a rock and a hard place.
    <a href=http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m3/Valentine-06/Signatures/fat_mooglesig2.png target=_blank>http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...mooglesig2.png</a>

SE is all about the cock-tease, though. So I'm sure someone will get the dangling carrot. Either FFXII fans, or FFVII fans. And then the other group will get center stage. But I can see them both being there. Just one getting disappointing treatment

Quote Originally Posted by fat_moogle View Post
    SE said that they'd think about FFXII HD if FFX HD sold well enough. I'm not sure what its sales figures are but I'm guessing it must have sold a fair bit across PS3, PS Vita and PS4. TGS will probably be all about FFXV and possibly the FFVII remake though, so FFXII is stuck between a rock and a hard place.
    If I remember correctly, FFX HD ended up outselling Lighting Returns. Seems like a success for a remaster, I hope they see it that way because I would love a PS4 remaster of XII.

I don't think they will be announcing it this year if they are planning to make it tho. From August (Gamescon) to December they will likely be very focused on promoting XV and then more info about VII Remake will come out in December probbaly with some KH III thrown in for good measure as well.

Perhaps Q1 2016?