Recognized Member Scotty_ffgamer's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Scotty Ffgamer (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Default Alien Isolation

I'm just now getting the chance to sit down and play the game. I figured while I wait for the game to install and whatnot, I'd make a thread.

Anyone else pick this up and play yet? What do you think of the game so far? Does it live up to the hype, or has it become another Colonial Marines for you?

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

I've heard it's scurry but welp, that was from a paid ad i think....... Please let me know how it is! I loved the original Aliens vs predator on the PC way back when.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I've played a few minutes now, and am debating turning it off for a while already. That's not to say anything about the gameplay... I haven't really gotten to that. I've been walking around a little, and the atmosphere and setting is great. However, the cutscenes (I've seen 2 so far) are a bit choppy with bad framerate. Everything else runs well, but it just really pulls me out of the immersion, and I'm hoping they'll patch it out or something soon. I'm playing on the PS4, but it's apparently the same on every console and PC. I'm sure the actual meat of the game is pretty great, and I have a feeling there aren't too many cutscenes, but eh. I'll probably play until I get to see how the game will play and then turn it off for a while.

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

Haven't played it yet but everyone I've talked to who plays video games is seemingly playing it and really liking it. It's supposedly very scary and very hard.
    I like Kung-Fu.

I watched a few things on it and have faith so far. I'm super interested in trying it. It seems to be in the same vein as Dead Space. The atmospheric scare, and isolation

Articles
    Blog Entries

I'm waiting for the inevitable Steam copy that comes with the preorder content. If I can't play as Ripley I'm going to be pissed.

... I may be wrong but isn't there story information that makes that impossible? I don't want to spoil anything in case I know too much from watching trailers and interviews though

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

He might be referencing the Gamestop exclusive preorder bonus where you play through moments of the original Alien movie as Ellen Ripley.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty_ffgamer View Post
    He might be referencing the Gamestop exclusive preorder bonus where you play through moments of the original Alien movie as Ellen Ripley.
    Yeah. At first I thought that was the game. I was disappointed when I found out it was just the preorder exclusive. Not really a good sign.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

You play her daughter in the main game. I'd assume the preorder dlc will be purchasable at some point.

Oh wow. I honestly hadn't even heard of that one. The things I saw never mentioned DLC or bonuses or anything

Articles
    Blog Entries

I was on Twitter when GameSpot made a tweet about it. I think they got the original cast to do the voices, too.

Well I rented it. Played a few hours. Fell in love. Reminds me very much of the first Dead Space. With a little better graphical fidelity. Not very far in, and only caught a glimpse of the Alien so far. So I'm barely into the meat of it. But they nailed the sound, atmosphere, graphics, etc. so far in my humble opinion

Double-posting, but it's official. Alien: Isolation is my Dark Souls. No matter how many times I die, I just feel more motivated to succeed. There are some balancing and pacing issues, but completely negligible towards the experience they intended (and nailed). It's a highly unnerving game, not for the feint of heart (even on easy, from what I gather), but delivers on exactly what it promises

...I am so buying this game. It has to be in my collection.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I wrote this off originally because the last game from the franchise was a complete debacle, but now that I've seen gameplay of it and seen people who's opinions I trust recommending it, I really want it. It looks really good.