Thread: FanArt Friday! Final Fantasy Fan Art Showcase of the Week #89

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Default FanArt Friday! Final Fantasy Fan Art Showcase of the Week #89

It's FanArt Friday! Welcome to another edition of Final Fantasy Fan Art Showcase of the Week, where show the best of the best from DeviantArt! Last week we saw some fine work on display, and this week we'll see a new set of artists get a chance to show off their skills. But you're not here for the text... let's get on with the art!

Library Reading by Piuminn

Let's start with something absolutely adorable put together by Piuminn (previously known as Jadequest101). To quote her: "I've always had this head canon that final fantasy mages would have to study really hard in some magical library to learn awesome magic skills and stuff, so I finally decided to put my head canon into action." And we're all grateful, Jade!

Leila Final Fantasy II by lelouloup

From adorable to awesome, I'm not sure if I've ever seen Final Fantasy II FanArt done so well. This amazing piece was found in the 'scraps' section for lelouloup but I think it's absolutely incredible! This is part of a mystery collaboration, so I can't wait to see where it fits in.

Cloud.. by MateuszSkawinski

This awe-inspiring masterpiece put together by Mateusz Skawinksi really shows off just how massive Bahamut can be. Here we see Cloud surrounded by Bahamut, looking like a mouse in relation to the dragon's immense presence. Cloud - in the clouds, fittingly - gets to see the power of Bahamut about as closely as anyone probably ever will.

Final Fantasy XIII: Nabaat Jihl by dagga19

Continuing the steps from older games to newer ones, we find ourselves in the presence of FFXIII's Jihl Nabaat. Jihl had a rather sudden and admittedly unsatisfying denouement in the game, something which dagga19 seems to agree with me on. So, what better way to bring her back to life than in art form? A splendid display of colours by this French artist gives Jihl another chance to shine.

bravely default by mist-dancer

And finally, we reach the most recent game in this week's showcase! Bravely Default has found a lot of acclaim amongst RPG fans which took Square-Enix by surprise. Bravely Second is already in the works, so it looks like this could be another great series by SE. In this serene image we find Agnès Oblige and Tiz Arrior taking time out on the coastline to gather their thoughts and smell the flowers. Man, what am I doing at work!?

Reno Final Fantasy VII by nati13321

But, wait, there's more! It's our Cosplay of the Week! Last week we saw an incredible and elaborate Dragoon. This week we see something a little more simple costume-wise, yet I feel this Reno cosplay by Nati is expertly executed in both style and attitude. The very pose is something that I look at and think 'definitely Reno'. I love it! Also, that hair. Damn.

What do you think of all these wonderful pieces? Are you on DeviantArt? Do you have any favourite artists there? Let us know by leaving comments on this article and, of course, click the photos to be taken to the respective DA pages so you can leave comments for them, too! Finally, if you're registered on DeviantArt, be sure to follow the EyesonFF DA Group!
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

That dragon one looks so familiar!

Once again they are all fabulous!

Blog Entries

Simply awesome! Leila is my favorite here!

Banished Ace Recognized Member Agent Proto's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm really liking the Bravely Default fan art. It's very nice.

Apparently, I have been declared banished.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I love the mages

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Some all around pretty good stuff this time. There's nothing here I consider mediocre.

FFXIV Character

Kaladin Cho'Sinn (Sargatanas)

Wow, lots of good stuff here. Especially love the Agnes pic and the Cloud/Bahamut art.