Thread: Hey, paisanos!

Krankzinnigheid ligt dich Colonel Angus's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Default Hey, paisanos!

Did any of you watch The Super Mario Bros. Super Show? I actually enjoyed it & how it mixed elements from the first two Super Mario games.

I was also a fan of the Friday Legend of Zelda cartoon. I kind of liked the way they portrayed Zelda & Link's relationship.

It's too bad Nintendo went away from the storylines from these shows.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I watched the Super Mario Bros. Super Show and loved it. I never watched the Zelda cartoon, and before I watched some episodes on YouTube my only experience with that version of Zelda was through Captain N. I like that they actually made Zelda capable of fighting in that cartoon.

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

I loved those shows as a kid, and they still have a certain charm to them. However, they really, really did not age well. Even if you hammer that there were only a couple of games out for each game series at the time, it wasn't as cool as I remembered.

Not to say that I dislike it now. Just not something I go nuts for like I used to as a kid.

Banished Ace Recognized Member Agent Proto's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I did! It was pretty good, and I enjoyed them.

Apparently, I have been declared banished.

FFXIV Character

Kaladin Cho'Sinn (Sargatanas)

My kids watch it. I can't anymore. Like Sephy said, it just hasn't aged well. But man, my oldest daughter will watch the crap out of it.

I always really liked how each episode of the Super Show was in a different world; never knowing where each episode was going to take place kept it interesting. It also reminded me in an odd way of SatAM Sonic in that Peach was a displaced princess fighting against a 'stronger' enemy, which I liked a lot as a kid. I HATED that Super Mario World cartoon that followed it, though -- Yoshi annoyed me to absolutely no end. ._.

Recognized Member Scotty_ffgamer's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Scotty Ffgamer (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I loved it as a kid. I tried watching it again in college... and I still love it but for very different reasons. It's funny catching the errors too, such as hearing Peach's voice when Bowser is moving his mouth and whatnot.

Yeah, and Captain N too. I never did find out when Legend of Zelda was on, if it even aired in my market or what.

80's animators trying to make stuff about these weird Japanese games...Simon Belmont's portrayal on Captain N was especially egregious.

Krankzinnigheid ligt dich Colonel Angus's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Zelda was on Fridays. Captain Lou & Charlie the Bartender aka Mario & Luigi would still do the live action SMB bit, but then they'd show a LoZ cartoon instead.