Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Default Bread

Nope. Not a favourite bread thread.

Does anyone else eat bread on its own like me? Sometimes I will just eat slices of fresh (must be freshly baked and soft) un-buttered bread as a snack. Of course, if it's warm I will eat it with butter on it, but just when I buy it sliced then I'll eat a couple of slices just on their own. Sometimes I'll put butter on, but usually not.

Anyone else do this?

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

when it is completely fresh, I can do that. I still usually put some butter on it and let it melt into the slices though. So smurfing good.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Blog Entries

I love a slice of freshly baked bread. The smell of freshly baked bread, is without equal.

Blog Entries

I don't really eat bread....

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Depends on what kind of bread. Cheap sliced bread? No, I'll need some butter. But Italian bread or baguette, yees

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

If it's fresh-baked homemade bread or homemade-style out of a bakery, absolutely. But I will still put butter on it if it's available.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Some times when it's brought as an appetizer, but not that often.

FFXIV Character

Kaladin Cho'Sinn (Sargatanas)

My grandmother makes the best sourdough bread. When it's fresh, it's heaven, with or without butter.

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lockharted View Post
    Nope. Not a favourite bread thread.

Does anyone else eat bread on its own like me? Sometimes I will just eat slices of fresh (must be freshly baked and soft) un-buttered bread as a snack. Of course, if it's warm I will eat it with butter on it, but just when I buy it sliced then I'll eat a couple of slices just on their own. Sometimes I'll put butter on, but usually not.

Anyone else do this?
    Occasionally, I'll put a very small amount of butter spread on there for a quick snack or whatever. When I was a heavier drinker I would sometimes just straight up eat bread to help my stomach settle down.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    when it is completely fresh, I can do that. I still usually put some butter on it and let it melt into the slices though. So smurfing good.
    This I also do. Can confirm that it is excellent. I have this honey flavored peanut butter (not as strong with the honey as you think) that is also excellent toasted.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    I love a slice of freshly baked bread. The smell of freshly baked bread, is without equal.
    My grandpa used to get stuff like this from a local bakery. I should convince my parents to pick up some stuff from there.

Quote Originally Posted by noxious.sunshine View Post
    I don't really eat bread....
    This is terrible news.

Quote Originally Posted by shion View Post
    Depends on what kind of bread. Cheap sliced bread? No, I'll need some butter. But Italian bread or baguette, yees
    Yeah, plain old bread is bad enough. But anything else? YES.

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty View Post
    If it's fresh-baked homemade bread or homemade-style out of a bakery, absolutely. But I will still put butter on it if it's available.
    Also, toasting butter on the bread. Or toasting the bread THEN putting the butter on it. Or eating the damn tub of butter. Look, we all do crazy things some times. Or every night. Or just because. Shut up.

Quote Originally Posted by ToriJ View Post
    Some times when it's brought as an appetizer, but not that often.
    Mentioned this in the last bread thread. Gonna do it again. Shout out to a local restaurant/brewery that has excellent bread and butter for an appetizer!

Quote Originally Posted by chionos View Post
    My grandmother makes the best sourdough bread. When it's fresh, it's heaven, with or without butter.
    Haven't had that in awhile. Well, obviously not YOUR grandmother's bread, but that kind in general. Yet another thing I need to do!

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

yes sourdough is fantastic!

At Jamies Italian in Perth you get a complimentary bread bucket with your meal that has the most amazing sourdough. It's got crushed rock salt on it and a little olive oil and when you dip it in balsamic vinegar..... Ahhhhhhh the best!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

It's not a common thing, but yeah, I do this on occasion. Whether it is fancy bakery stuff or Warburton's medium sliced white bread (the standard in our flat), I don't mind. The important thing is that it needs to be fresh enough that it has the right kind of softness to it.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Yes, although rarely. I like taking the center out and making a ball of it, hahaha. It sounds way crazy, but it's got such a nice texture. Not a huge fan of crust, never have been, but no I'm not 6 years old, okay!?