Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NBA Fantasy League

Default NBA Fantasy League

The NBA season kicks off in just 2 weeks! Without the randomness of football (and far less criminal activity) and the hard to pronounce names of hockey, an NBA fantasy league allows for all of us to enjoy the season following players we love or love to hate!

If you're interested, feel free to join the league I made on yahoo.

Currently the draft is scheduled for October 26 (A sunday) at 2pm EST.

Let's hoop it up!

League ID#: 87958
    League Name: EoFF Basketball

Yahoo also has an invite url, not sure if this works:

https://yho.com/nba?l=87958&k=6071f66a666d355c

Take care all.

Blog Entries

I might be interested, I've never done a basketball fantasy league before.

The 26th probably wouldn't work for me since I'm hopefully going to the Bears/Pats game that day.

Krankzinnigheid ligt dich Colonel Angus's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

I'm in. Fantasy Basketball is fun. It's not as mind-numbing as Fantasy Baseball.

I'm OK w/ the 26th, but if you do have to change it, I already have a draft for the 27th, so that's a no go for me.

Esco, I wouldn't be surprised if Bears/Pats goes to Sunday Night or even a late start.

I have never played Fantasy Basketball but i am interested, so i'm in!

Since there's still a week or so before the draft, how about some general NBA discussion? Who's your team? Who will win MVP/D-MVP? And League leaders in all categories?

Don't forget to join the league! One week to go!

I'm a born and raised New York Knicks fan who really cannot stand the current team. I have faith in Phil Jackson but none in the current roster. I loved watching the Spurs beat the Heat in the Finals though as I'm a huge Pop and Duncan fan. Can't stand Tony Parker though.

MVP? I think LeBron gets it since Durant will miss about 8 weeks. Darkhorse? Curry in Golden State and Aldridge in Portland. REAL Darkhorse? Cousins on the Kings, who if he ever screwed his head on straight would be a monster.

Defensive player of the year I think will be the first of many for Anthony Davis.

Take care all.

I'll join tomorrow for sure.

I enjoyed watching the spurs rooting the heat also.

Im a Pelicans fan and i project them to be at least a 7th or 8th seed, but idk about the knicks dude sry. Anthony Davis WILL WIN MVP! and Defensive player of the year(i have no idea why i called it D-MVP lol). I think Melo will lead the league in scoring tho.

Blog Entries

I'm a Bulls fan. I root for the Celtics too since they're the home team for me. But, I'm not a big basketball fan.

I will be going to the Bears Pat game on the 26th fro sure, tickets have been ordered. So I'd probably end up missing the draft.

Hey i signed up i think... im not sure tho, this is new to me. I dont remember naming my team or anything. I need help, who's the commissioner?

Looking for anyone else who loves the NBA to join! Otherwise I will open the league to the general public to fill it up.

Take care all.

I'm ready for the draft! I've done about 5 mock drafts now, so i think i've got this thing figured out.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I've never played a fantasy sport of any kind as it's not really a thing in Australia although I listen to fantasy baseball podcasts (great way to get a run down of stats I may have missed over the last day of baseball), so I'm extremely tempted to give it a go. Does someone have a tutorial link for basketball specific fantasy leagues? I'm familiar enough with fantasy as a concept but I imagine NBA leagues would be much less convoluted than the baseball ones I hear about, so it'd be nice to make sure I know what's going on before I commit.

Krankzinnigheid ligt dich Colonel Angus's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Really all you need to know is just a little bit about basketball to put up a good team. IDK how the scoring is in this league, but in another I'm in it's stat category vs. stat category. In other words, let's say I'm playing against The Captain and my fantasy players score more RL points than his. His team had more steals and rebounds than my team. Our score would be 1-2.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Yeah, just found a really good little 101 about it and it's all very straight forward compared to Football and especially Baseball, I'm sure I'll be able to give it a go. I'll get myself signed up!

The draft time means I'm going to be up at 2am+ on Sunday night (Monday morning) as it stands, which is pretty brutal for me, but god knows I've done worse so don't change it on my account. If we DO change it I'd just request that it be a little earlier in a day than later. I'm exactly 12 hours ahead of American EST so it's easy to remember at least

Quote Originally Posted by Pheesh View Post
    Yeah, just found a really good little 101 about it and it's all very straight forward compared to Football and especially Baseball, I'm sure I'll be able to give it a go. I'll get myself signed up!

The draft time means I'm going to be up at 2am+ on Sunday night (Monday morning) as it stands, which is pretty brutal for me, but god knows I've done worse so don't change it on my account. If we DO change it I'd just request that it be a little earlier in a day than later. I'm exactly 12 hours ahead of American EST so it's easy to remember at least
    If everyone is up to it, I could switch the draft time to be noon EST, which would make it midnight for you Aussie blokes. Any thoughts?

Take care all.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Well that works better for me

As for the general NBA talk, I'm a C's fan, so this year is kind of a bummer, but it will be interesting to see if Marcus Smart is going to be an upper tier player or just fades into obscurity. It really just feels like counting down the days until we trade Rondo at this point though. My only hope is that we can get rid of that absolute waste of space, Jeff Green, along with him.

My 'entirely too early to tell' prediction for the year is that we'll see a Clippers vs. Cavs NBA Finals, but I always have to wait and see what the Spurs are doing, because it feels like I've been waiting three years for them to act their age and they never do. Also if Rose can stay healthy the Bulls are the only other scary team in the East for my mind (though I do hope we see a step up by the Bobcats who are steadily improving every year, and I am super interested to see what SVG can do with that Pistons team).

MVP will be LeBron because they've done that little interlude where they give it to someone else to break up the monotony, so now it'll be his for the next few years again. Anthony Davis could really get up there in the MVP voting but without some kind of playoff seeding I doubt people will give him any serious chance. My dark horse for the category is Griffin. Scoring title will be Melo's, though part of me thinks Kobe will be playing like a man possessed due to all of this negative media coverage lately and the fact that there is not a single person on that Lakers team that warrants passing to. If the Cavs have some kind of top 10 defense then LeBron will also be Defensive player of the year, because there is no one on that team that can defend besides him, if not then it'll probably be Anthony Davis like someone mentioned. Never count out Howard though, who still gets his rebounds and blocks, even if he's not good for much else these days.