• PlayStation Portable

2 7.14%
  • PC

8 28.57%
  • Other

1 3.57%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Game System of Generation 7?

Articles
    Blog Entries

Default Favorite Game System of Generation 7?

Now that Generation 7 is behind us, for the most part, which system was your favorite?

Poll is multi-choice because I'm such a nice person.

The PS3, Xbox 360, and Nintendo DS are my favorites.

Wow, this competition isn't even fair. The PC wins due to the fact that it can run games going all the way back to the DOS era, and can emulate every classical system out there, so it's library utterly crushes everything else. Even cutting off to just releases within the generation time, that includes the rise of GOG.com and DOSBOX.

Ignoring the PC then, for the sake of fairness, I have to go with the DS.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yeah, the PC being there is just cruel. xD

I went 360 and DS. I had a 360 for a very long time and have some very good memories there. Just got a PS3 and while it's good (FFIX woooop!), it's yet to have the same impact.

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

The DS by far. It has the best version of Chrono Trigger. And HeartGold.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Skyblade View Post
    Wow, this competition isn't even fair. The PC wins due to the fact that it can run games going all the way back to the DOS era, and can emulate every classical system out there, so it's library utterly crushes everything else. Even cutting off to just releases within the generation time, that includes the rise of GOG.com and DOSBOX.
    Alot of those games have compatibility issues with newer operating systems and counting emulation renders the debate meaningless; consoles can be modded to run emulators as well. As many thousands of hours I've spent across Counter-Strike and Dota, I'll take the PS1 + PS2 library over my PC games any day of the week.

I swear, I can never tell when it's okay for us to count legacy titles in these threads.

I stuck with the PS3 because Sony did what gamers so often clamor for: invest in new IP. It resulted in the two universally-rated best games of the generation (The Last of Us and Uncharted 2), others that were incredibly experimental and ambitious (Heavy Rain and Little Big Planet), and more that were just plain fun (Infamous and Motorstorm). Every "Top 360 Games" list I've seen is dominated by games that are also on PS3. And last generation is the first time I did not buy a Nintendo system as my second console. I probably spent the most time between the DS and PSP but the former's library is far too derivative to be in the running while the latter never differentiated itself enough with its own identity.

PS3 for me. A fantastic run of Atelier titles and Disgaea 3 and for. Some Great triple 8 goodness in Infamous as well. Let us not forget Heavy Rain and Beyond: Two Souls, a couple of the most unique Big Budget titles.

DS was a strong competitor though, with things like the Devil Survivor Titles.

PC isn't really Gen VII, so I assume you mean the titles released for PC in that time frame.

Of course, even if not, I could just never get into the PC exclusives, so even including all of PC gaming? Eh. A handful of titles I enjoy, like Septerra Core, isn't enough to win it out. (Of course if you count emulation, PC would win for me hands down. )

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

PS3

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

I have a PS3 and an Xbox 360 and for me, 360, hands down. Superb console. Halo 3 was the best FPS and Gears of War 2 was the best TPS of this generation.

Not interested in handheld gaming unless we can say the iPhone.

Articles
    Blog Entries

>includes PC so PC gamers don't complain
    >gets complaints that the PC is in there

That's it, I quit. Goodnight. *Jeopardy music plays me off*

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

By far I got the most fun, entertainment, and overall usage out of my PS3. Like 95% of all the video games I've played in the last seven years has been on my PS3. So that would have to be my favorite.

Actually, come to think of it, the vast majority of media I've consumed over that time was via my PS3. I still use it to watch most movies/tv shows, as it makes for a superior media center to both the Wii U and the PS4 and my cable provider at the moment.
    I like Kung-Fu.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    I have a PS3 and an Xbox 360 and for me, 360, hands down. Superb console. Halo 3 was the best FPS and Gears of War 2 was the best TPS of this generation.
    You're so cute when you're wrong.

Krankzinnigheid ligt dich Colonel Angus's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Moomba

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Angus View Post
    I was wondering when someone would.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Barring PC since it's kind of unfair in this discussion, I will probably say the DS overall was my favorite and the one that I spent the most time on. The World Ends With You, Devil Survivor, the FF remakes, Phoenix Wright, SMT: Strange Journey, a chance to finally play DQV without importing or emulating, KH:358/2, FFTA2 not to mention still playing all my great GBA titles on it, it was by far my favorite system.

In second place is a tie between the PS3 and Wii, the PS3 had a strong library of good game though very few really grabbed a hold of me like some titles, whereas the Wii had some of my favorite games this last generation which happened to be few a bit few and far between for my taste. The PSP was the last for the systems I owned, I loved the games I had for it, I just wish 90% of them weren't ports of older games from better systems. The PSP, for me, just couldn't really stand on its own merits and I probably spent more time playing old PS1 games on it than actual games designed for it. Still happy it gave me a chance to finally play Persona 2 Innocent Sin without emulating/importing so there is that.

My interest in the 360 only extended to Lost Odyssey and Blue Dragon, both of which I have accepted I will probably never play anytime soon cause I simply can't justify a system for two games. So I never bothered with it.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

PS3 was my console of choice. As has been mentioned it has the vastly superior exclusives over Xbox. Uncharted, MGS4, Last of Us, and God of War would have been enough to sell me the damn thing right there.

But my choice in the poll was Nintendo DS. I played the smurf out of that thing and I took it everywhere.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum