It's FanArt Friday! Welcome to another edition of Final Fantasy Fan Art Showcase of the Week, where we show the best of the best from DeviantArt! Last week we saw some superb work on display, and this week we'll see a new set of artists get a chance to show off their skills. But you're not here for the text... let's get on with the art!

Lightning Returns by MrButlerMan

Let's kick this week off with Square-Enix's favourite character over the past decade - Lightning! She seems like a woman on a mission (as is her nature) in this image! MrButlerMan created this art after being inspired by her computer's wallpaper, and I think she's done SE's leading lady great justice!

Final Fantasy I - Chaos (Vessel of Calamity) by SoulStryder210

From the newest single player Final Fantasy all the way back to the oldest, here we see Final Fantasy's inaugural villain doing what he does best: Looking evil, being evil. The vibrant colour on display in this image is what really caught my attention, but everything else about the image is seriously high quality. I love it!

Odin's Courage by Carlo-Marcelo

Back to the Future! FFXIV on this occasion, and damn. Damn. As a Final Fantasy XIV player, I have to say that this is amazing. Hell, even if I didn't play FFXIV, I'd think this is amazing. Even if I didn't play FF! The atmosphere is perfectly displayed here as a Miqo'te Paladin, decked out in High Allagan gear, watches Odin stalk his way forward. Odin is possibly the most powerful enemy in FFXIV, considering it takes dozens upon dozens of people to take him down and even then it often ends in failure. He's badass. Just like this artwork.

Rinoa by kaifuu

I feel sometimes that Final Fantasy VIII doesn't get as much love as it should, so let's be thankful for when someone like kaifuu steps in and produces something of this quality. The style in this work really grabs me, I love it. Rinoa isn't just a pretty face, but man, that face sure is pretty.

inktober Day7 by Robbertopoli

Let's go black and white! Inktober is something Robb has been working hard at, and if you like this beautiful Lulu, you may also be interested in his Edea piece done in similar style. There's also something for fans of The Hunger Games, Downton Abbey and dogs.

Barret, Leader of Avalanche by EveofAbyss

Cosplay of the Week! As we've seen over the last couple of weeks, some people can come up with incredible costumes for their cosplay, while others keep it simple and focus on the attitude. However, with some people, it's a bit of these two, sure, but it's a lot of just being perfect for the role. EveofAbyss fits this role expertly. I mean, look at that beard. Look at that manly chest hair. The very shape of the guy. He may as well put on a sailor suit and change his name to Barret Wallace and complete the deal. Nice job, Rodney!

What do you think of all these wonderful pieces? Are you on DeviantArt? Do you have any favourite artists there? Let us know by leaving comments on this article and, of course, click the photos to be taken to the respective DA pages so you can leave comments for them, too! Finally, if you're registered on DeviantArt, be sure to follow the EyesonFF DA Group!