A new trailer seems to be storming the internet. A game trailer was released recently for a game called Hatred.

The name of the game is simple. Mass murder. As far as I can see it, your only goal is to walk around and kill men and women who are begging for their lives. That's it.

The trailer has largely been downvoted. Epic Games has asked for the Unreal Engine 4 logo to be removed.

People against it: They say it's crass, brutal, completely unnecessary. They're preparing for the storm of news outlets who are looking for one more excuse to blame violence on video games. Finally, a shooter that will be everything the media at large actually believes shooters to be. You can't even justify it with "you're saving the world from aliens/zombies". It's just violence for the sake of it.

People for it: They say calm down, it's just a game. Fiction is fiction. This is technically the type of thing you can already do in Grand Theft Auto games, while admitting that it's not the point of GTA and other games of the same ilk.

What are your thoughts? Me personally, I haven't put a lot of thought into it. I'm not vehemently against it, but it's not something I'll pick up, either. I find that most character driven games I buy have some sense of a moral compass and a progression toward something that matters.

18+ trailer for violence and maybe an f-bomb.