Thread: Favorite Podcast's

Default Favorite Podcast's

So podcast are EVERWHERE now, and i'm sure most of you listen to at least one regularly. So what are your guys favorite podcast?

Here are mine:
    • 1. Star Talk Radio- Hosted by Neil Degrasse Tyson and different comedians, the podcast talks all things astronomical and cover some other science areas as well. New episode released most sundays. http://www.startalkradio.net/

• 2. Dan Carlin's Hardcore History/Common sense- Hosted by Dan Carlin. Hardcore History is an amazing history podcast, so if you love history you will really dig this podcast. I suggest Krath of the Khan, as it is still available for free on his website, it tells the story of Genghis Khan and the mongolian empire. Common Sense is a political show so it may not be for everyone, but i highly recommend it. http://www.dancarlin.com/

• 3. Radiolab- hosted by Jad Abumrad & Robert Krulwich. Ths podcast covers a range of topics but mostly science, nature, and the human condition overall. http://www.radiolab.org/

• 4. All Strings Considered- Hosted by Scott Wolf. Scott is a very accomplished Classical Guitar performer and teacher. His podcast usually feature a guest guitarist who he interviews and plays their music. http://www.scottwolfguitar.com/podcast.html

• 5. The Joe Rogan Experience- Hosted by Joe Rogan. You can say what you want about the man, but he has alot of awesome guest. Podcast covers comedy, mma, conspiracy theory's, musical guest, politics, and alot more. http://podcasts.joerogan.net/

It's alot of podcast but my job requires me to drive ALOT so i have alot time to just sit and listen. Let me know what you guys think of my list and if i've turned you on to new podcast you might like.

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

http://www.allgengamers.com/

All Gen Gamers - A podcast with the slogan "For people and video games of all generations". I'll paraphrase and update their "about" paragraph:

Quote Originally Posted by All Gen Gamers
    All Gen Gamers strives to break away from your typical video game podcast by offering a structure that does not follow traditional rules. We want to provide a listening experience as though you were eavesdropping in on a conversation between a couple of gamers talking about the games they love to play.

Every week YouTubers Pete Dorr, Gamester81, Jason Heine and Metal Jesus Rocks talk about Retro and Modern video games including anything from systems such as the Turbo Grafx, Neo Geo, Genesis, SNES, NES, to the Xbox 360, Playstation 3, Wii, DS, PSP, and so many more! We talk about some of the various conventions, arcades and midnight releases we've experienced, as well.

We pride ourselves as unbiased video game enthusiasts and collectors of the hobby. We occasionally bring on a new 5th guest host to keep the experience as fresh as possible for our listeners, no episode is bound to be the same!
    Last edited by Lone Wolf Leonhart; 10-18-2014 at 08:42 AM.

thnxs lone wolf, I just bookmarked their site and will be giving it a listen sometime. I didn't have any gamer-only podcast.

Recognized Member Scotty_ffgamer's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Scotty Ffgamer (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty_ffgamer View Post
    A description plz?

Recognized Member Scotty_ffgamer's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Scotty Ffgamer (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

It's hard to explain really. It's as if it's a radio broadcast being done in the fictional town where weird stuff is always happening. It's like a mixture of twilight zone, neil gaiman stuff, david lynch... other such weird and interesting things. It's pretty funny and clever with some great recurring characters that you get to hear about with bits of an interesting but subtle story going on. It can even be a bit creepy at times. The world feels very interesting and alive too, mostly thanks to the host of the radio show, Cecil Baldwin. He also just has a lovely voice.

Edit: I realized that I didn't link to the main website like I meant to which probably would have given a nice description. In any case, my link is where you can stream it, or you can get it on places like iTunes if it interests you.

kinda reminds me of the Orson Wells 'War of the Worlds' radio broadcast. Speaking of which, Radiolab did an episode about that event which you might really like.

http://www.radiolab.org/story/91622-war-of-the-worlds/

"In our very first live hour, we take a deep dive into one of the most controversial moments in broadcasting history: Orson Welles' 1938 radio play about Martians invading New Jersey. "The War of the Worlds" caused panic when it originally aired, and it's continued to fool people since--from Santiago, Chile to Buffalo, New York to a particularly disastrous evening in Quito, Ecuador."

And if its anything like the twilight zone(original of course) i think ill like it so thnx!

Articles
    Blog Entries

I listen to lots of sports podcasts because my timezone doesn't allow me to hear the radio shows live. My favourites are The Dan Lebetard Show, SVP and Russilo, and Mike and Mike. I also listen to Smodcast and Jay and Silent Bob get old.

Jay and silent bob get old? whats that? is it with kevin smith & that other guy b/c i would listen to that...

Hardcore History is the best podcast.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Hannibal_Khan View Post
    kinda reminds me of the Orson Wells 'War of the Worlds' radio broadcast. Speaking of which, Radiolab did an episode about that event which you might really like.

http://www.radiolab.org/story/91622-war-of-the-worlds/

"In our very first live hour, we take a deep dive into one of the most controversial moments in broadcasting history: Orson Welles' 1938 radio play about Martians invading New Jersey. "The War of the Worlds" caused panic when it originally aired, and it's continued to fool people since--from Santiago, Chile to Buffalo, New York to a particularly disastrous evening in Quito, Ecuador."

And if its anything like the twilight zone(original of course) i think ill like it so thnx!
    It was totally fashioned after old-time radio play broadcasts. I'm so happy you made that connection! I am certain you will like it. And Scotty, you forgot HP Lovecraft!

I listen to the podcasts for my Utah talk radio show that I dearly miss called Radio From Hell. A lot of news, a lot of local politics, and a lot of talk from three of my favorite people ever. There's some Utah-centric stuff that goes on in it because it's based in Utah, but I've managed to convert people into listening to it as their primary source of news who are not from Utah as they cover a lot of national and even international news. I've listened to them every day of my life for years.

I also listen to The Let's Go Eat Show. Put on by one of the hosts of the Radio From Hell Show, this show features interviews with local people of note within Utah Valley and Salt Lake County like small business owners, up-and-coming delicious restaurants, politicians, TV personalities, film critics, local artists, musicians, etc. Probably would not be of interest to anyone not from Utah or who didn't know who these people were. They go to local restaurants to eat and have good conversation.

Geek Show Podcast. Another podcast put on by one of the Radio From Hell hosts. The title is pretty self-explanatory. Geek news, geek talk and discussion with seven - formerly eight - hilarious dudes. One of them died earlier this year and it really upset things for a while. The show hasn't been the same, really, because the person who died was my favorite, and my most trusted film critic source. But it's still a good show. They roadtripped to SDCC a couple of months ago and podcasted all of it and it was a total hit. A good bunch of guys who will make you laugh.

Hello, Sweetie! Podcast. I discovered this podcast because it's put on by the daughter of my most trusted tv critic source from Utah. Almost all of my podcasts come from Utah. These ladies are awesome, and are the perfect balance to the Geek Show Podcast guys. Geek talk and geek news from geek girls.

And of course, Welcome to Night Vale. "Welcome to Night Vale is a twice-monthly podcast in the style of community updates for the small desert town of Night Vale, featuring local weather, news, announcements from the Sheriff's Secret Police, mysterious lights in the night sky, dark hooded figures with unknowable powers, and cultural events. Turn on your radio and hide." This is a progressive radio story, so I would encourage new listeners to start at the very beginning.

I also listen to the Thrilling Adventure Hour podcast once in a while, which is also done in the progressive radio story format like Welcome to Night Vale. I first discovered them, in fact, during a live Welcome to Night Vale/TAH crossover performance. It was awesome. There are a ton of different segments/sketches to this show, including Sparks Nevada: Marshal on Mars, The Adventures of Captain Laserbeam, Down in Moonshine Holler, Beyond Belief, Jefferson Reid: Ace American, Desdemona Hughes: Diva Detective, Phillip Fathom: Deep Sea Detective, Amelia Earhart: Fearless Flyer, The Cross-Time Adventures of Colonel Tick-Tock, The Algonquin Four, and The Red Plains Rider. Sometimes they feature guest celebrities who perform in these radio sketches like Nathan Fillion and Alan Tudyk. The Fandom Guide to Thrilling Adventure Hour can fill you in more!

I have an hour and a half commute every day so I've learned to love talk radio. I have basically all but abandoned listening to music.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Nerd of Mouth and Fatman on Batman. I just love listening to people bulltrout about things that I bulltrout about.

I listen to The Thrilling Adventure Hour sometimes too. Paul F. Thompkins and John DiMaggio are my fav's on there.