Thread: Five Nights at Freddy's 2 Trailer

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Default Five Nights at Freddy's 2 Trailer

As some of you know, I really enjoyed the first one (my LP here: http://home.eyesonff.com/showthread....ts-at-Freddy-s).

While the original game relies on jump scares (as well as the second game from the looks of things), which some people don't like for various reasons, I felt that Five Nights at Freddy's does an excellent job of building suspense. The jump scare isn't something that happens; it is punishment for failure.

Anyway, the trailer looks like there will be a lot more things to keep track of, like two different camera feeds, as well as new and old versions of the animatronics. Oh, and also NO DOORS! Looks like putting on a mask will be your only defense this time.

I doubt it will carry the same magic, freshness, and surprises as the original game, but at the same time I am pumped for Five Nights at Freddy's 2 since the gameplay, atmosphere, and overall feel is naturally evolving. Can't wait.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I know that no one replied to this thread, but I know a few members were interested in it, so I'll bump this thread because....

The game was surprisingly released a couple hours early today!

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...390/1415679866

I got to tinker around with it a bit earlier. I played nights 1 and 2. The tension is definitely still there and the game feels fresh without feeling alien. Amazingly, I haven't died yet. Let's Players who got a limited demo yesterday/today actually died a couple of times, so I am surprised that I didn't lose yet (though I am sure that is subject to change when I can play again). I only had the advantage of knowing one new gameplay mechanic going in, to be fair.

Anyway, it's only 8 dollars and a demo letting you play 2 nights is completely free!

:o

I didn't know it was out! I have to admit, I was completely unimpressed with the original game at first, but I've gained an appreciation for it over time, so I'm fairly interested in this one. Do you have plans to LP this game as well?

Articles
    Blog Entries

I probably will, yes.

EDIT: This game must have heard me. I had longer to tinker with the game some more. I did not make it past night 3 after six tries. I think I might not be getting how to "defend" myself properly yet. I'm sure I'll get it. Damn, the game certainly is much more challenging by default. Not even mad. I am glad that it's not a breeze anymore.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Oh dude nice!

I have no idea what the mask does. >_<

Articles
    Blog Entries

The mask can ward off most of the animatronics. Problem is the older ones NINJA the f*** out of you for the most part. There are a lot more things to keep track of. I think I know what to try next time I play. I've been relying on paying attention to one of them where you have to constantly remotely wind a music box too much. I think that I have to put on the mask more often. The game's sound design makes it even more obvious when they move around, so I think it's all just balancing when I have to put on a mask, keeping up with the winding thingy, and using the light down the main corridor effectively.

Some people get annoyed by Markiplier, but his gameplay footage of playing the demo showcases what I am talking about to an extent.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Markiplier was the only LPer other than yourself whose original FNAF LP I really enjoyed.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    Markiplier was the only LPer other than yourself whose original FNAF LP I really enjoyed.
    Thanks man, it took me a bit to get into Markiplier, myself. He most recent playthrough of Alien: Isolation was very awesome. The guy gets way too goofy at times, but I watch other videos were he showed more of the real him. That made me respect him a lot more.

So I tried night 3 again for a bit. I still didn't make it, but I am getting better. It's all in the timing with putting on a mask at the right moment, spooking away them with your flash light down the center hall, and keeping that damn music box wound. I'm getting there!

Articles
    Blog Entries

Ha. Stayed up late and killed it! Beat night 3! Then I played a bit of night 4 and got my ass kicked. Gonna have to adjust my strats, yo!

EDIT: Night 4 is done after a few attempts. I think I got a pattern down that makes the game smoother for me because I only tried night 5 once and I got all the way to 4am. Tougher game for sure.

EDIT2: Decided to play some more again. Cleared night 5! Tried night six once before I quit and it is more intense. Though it is a lot tougher and I lost, I feel good about the system I have going.

EDIT3: Last delete/edit/bump, I promise. I beat night 6! Whew! I am just going to lazily copy and paste a Facebook status I made:

"And beat night 6 now in Five Nights at Freddy's! All sort of cool custom combos on custom night. The end pink slip in this game is pretty amusing if you look closely. I wasn't one to really care about beating all the animatronics on max AI in the original, so I doubt I'll go for that one here. Regardless, great sequel. Only complaint is that the game (on the harder nights) comes down to mainly paying attention to one camera feed the player MUST pay attention to to keep an animatronic at bay (that can't even be tinkered with in the custom night). However, the lore, atmosphere, challenge, and design all have improved. Good stuff!"

More elaboration on my complaint: It isn't that big of deal to me because the harder nights in the original basically came down to paying attention to one or two camera feeds, anyway. Regardless, I enjoyed the game and will probably do a Let's Play in that sub forum fairly soon.
    Last edited by Sephex; 11-13-2014 at 01:45 AM. Reason: a typo I noticed

I'm looking forward to the LP if you do it.