It's FanArt Friday! Welcome to another edition of Final Fantasy Fan Art Showcase of the Week, where we show the best of the best from DeviantArt! Last week we saw some wonderful work on display, and this week we'll see a new set of artists get a chance to show off their skills. But you're not here for the text... let's get on with the art!

Chocobo by Narikusha

Let's start with something cute and utterly adorable. A chocobo chick! I loved them in VII and XIII, and I'm pretty confident I'm going to love them in FFXIV once we're able to start breeding chocobos. This piece by Narikusha shows off just how awwwwwwww-some these little chicks can be.

Yuffie Kisaragi by CaelpHer

This is undoubtedly one of the best - if not the best - Yuffie FanArts I've ever seen. Sure, she's having a slight wardrobe malfunction, but I'll be damned if she doesn't look fantastic in this very well done piece by CaelpHer. Like this? Maybe you should go check out their Squall and their quite incredible Chaos (of Dirge of Cerberus) work!

Under Her Control by skribleskrable

And now for something dark and sinister lookin'. skrible explains: "The idea was that Rinoa gets possessed somehow by Ultimecia or some evil sorceress, and Squall gets corrupted through her and is now a super duper evil knight! Rinoa is crying because she knows what’s going on, but has no control." Man, where do people get these ideas for their artwork? Because if this is the result of such ideas, I'm loving it. I'm also a big fan of Lorna's other recent Squall & Rinoa artwork.

Melodies of Life by LornaKelleherArt

Right, after the previous piece it's only right we move onto something a little lighter! Here's a child Garnet being sung to by her mother. Another great idea for an art piece and another excellent result. I have to say, it was really enjoyable trawling DeviantArt this week and stumbling across fantastic pieces like this.

Final Fantasy 14 by YangHuRoda

And finally, it's Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn! This stunning picture shows a wee character (who immediately reminds me of a Lalafell white mage I know by the name of Lumos Lightheart) pointing out across a beautiful Eorzean lake towards one of the many crystalline landmarks created during the End of an Era. I really love the way YangHuRoda has managed to colour this piece, this may be my favourite of the week.

Cecil Harvey Dark knight. by Shoko-Cosplay

Nope, I haven't forgotten Cosplay of the Week! While on staff a couple of us fellas were cooing over a certain Squall Genderbend, we couldn't deny Shoko pride of placement as this week's best Cosplay. I mean, look at that! It's incredible! This reminds me a big of the Dragoon cosplay we featured a few weeks ago, it's just so damned good. We wouldn't dare fight against this dark knight!

What do you think of all these wonderful pieces? Are you on DeviantArt? Do you have any favourite artists there? Let us know by leaving comments on this article and, of course, click the photos to be taken to the respective DA pages so you can leave comments for them, too! Finally, if you're registered on DeviantArt, be sure to follow the EyesonFF DA Group!