Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nobuo Uematsu wants to make a new 2D RPG with the FFVI Development Team.

I can only hope that they can pull off the return to 2D roots as well as A Link Between Worlds did.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

If this happened, it would not only ignite this very message board with furious speculation as to the future of the Final Fantasy series, but also turn the trend towards 3D games on its ear.

I've always felt that the idea of a 3D game world being shown on a 2D screen is just axiomatically clunky by its very nature. It was fine when 2D games were trying to give the illusion of 3D, because the control scheme wasn't affected (see Stage 2-1 of Ninja Gaiden 2 for an example of what I'm talking about...Megaman: Maverick Hunter X is a more modern example). But trying to give a 3D control scheme to what is still (and likely is always going to be) a strictly 2D playing field has just ruined the immersion for me. Not to mention, it's expensive and time consuming to render textures in 3D.

Plus, if Nobuo is jazzed for it, then there's a very good chance that the music for it is going to be world-endingly awesome.

Want. WANT.

WAAAAAAAAAAANT

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by Spooniest View Post
    I've always felt that the idea of a 3D game world being shown on a 2D screen is just axiomatically clunky by its very nature. It was fine when 2D games were trying to give the illusion of 3D, because the control scheme wasn't affected (see Stage 2-1 of Ninja Gaiden 2 for an example of what I'm talking about...Megaman: Maverick Hunter X is a more modern example). But trying to give a 3D control scheme to what is still (and likely is always going to be) a strictly 2D playing field has just ruined the immersion for me. Not to mention, it's expensive and time consuming to render textures in 3D.
    If you don't think aesthetics or platforming are important in games then this is fine, but I think they have their place and really enhance the experience for a lot of games.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

I can't imagine playing a 2D Skyrim would be a very enthralling experience. Unless I totally missed the point of that post