Thread: I picked the expert spheregrid HALP

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Default I picked the expert spheregrid HALP

I was like "i'm an expert " now i'm confused.

HALP

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Where do I go with anyone? D:

If you ask me, you should go with both Lulu and Yuna the Black Mage road, while Yuna has the necessary White Magic, the rest is actually pretty free which is the main thought of the board. Just don't forget to still go for useful techniques the characters normally use like Tidus with his Haste and stuff.

If you need to ask then you should have stuck with the normal sphere grid. Being from Australia I had been playing on the expert grid since the game came out here. I've finished FFX about a total of 7 times now. The expert sphere grid just allows you branch off from the set path much earlier on. Apart from having 40 less nodes than the regular sphere grid, thats about it.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Well, I'm american so I've always had just the standard. I recently purchased the HD Remake and it had the new option. It is just backward to me cause it doesn't have set paths and every starts in the middle.

Is yuna a good black mage? Who will be my white mage then? I hate rikkus path anyway, what path would be good for her otherwise. Khimari was already an all over dude, what would be a good path for him

Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    Is yuna a good black mage? Who will be my white mage then? I hate rikkus path anyway, what path would be good for her otherwise. Khimari was already an all over dude, what would be a good path for him
    Anyone with access to magic nodes will be a good magic user in general. The best thing about ffX is that everyone can be good at everything, depending on whats been activated on the sphere grid. I platinumed X when it came out for ps3/vita and in doing so , i needed to activate every single node on the sphere grid for everything single character (even filling out the empty nodes with +4's). By the end, everyones normal attack was doing 99,999.

its so satisfying seeing lulu's onion knight walk up and deal such high damage.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

I always just took a few detours with Yuna, switching between white and black magic as I felt necessary. I actually learned the T2 spells with yuna before lulu. I also spent some black magic spheres on her to avoid straying off the path of white magic too often. It's really useful to have some extra firepower for the turns where you don't need her to heal.

I also gacve steal to two extra characters, and gave use to almost everyone.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

I also have the Australian version and I've always gone down the expert grid route, just feels like there's more freedom that way. In the beginning I always had Yuna, Lulu and black mages. Kimahri was a hybrid white mage/offensive attacker. Tidus was attacker/time mage, Auron and Wakka were both warrior/ailment inflicters and Rikku was the thief/white mage.
    Towards the endgame the characters all gain many of the same spells and stuff so they all become hybrids lol

The beauty of this system is that it allows more freedom. Like other posters have said, taking Yuna down Lulu's path is a great way to boost her stats. Rikku I believe i moved her through Tidus' section to raise her speed further.
    "geroeen, pulsa nyet, tolska tanee pre chem"
    "Beauty is a perception tainted by ego;
    Love is an extension of great emotion;
    Fear is the result of uncertainty;
    Sadness is a collection of misery."

Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    I was like "i'm an expert " now i'm confused.

HALP
    You've probably have had help since than....just using my common sense. But what I was wanting to say that I read the difference and didn't want to touch the Expert Sphere grid because knowing me.....I'd screw it up.

I prefer the standard grid, because it's great for stat-maxing and it's well-organized, after all.
    The expert grid is pretty messed up, IMHO, so I recommend you to stay away from it. XD
    Last edited by Zanmato; 06-28-2015 at 07:15 PM.

Blog Entries

I took the expert grid once and I still followed the Standard sphere grid routes.
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

FFXIV Character

Temaia Aetherwynn (Behemoth)

I don't think I've ever use the normal grid. Even when the game was brand new I used expert.

I decided to go with expert this fun, and I'm not to dissatisfied. I got everyone the main stuff in the middle, dark attack, lancet, etc.

It's nice having the mages with lancet, if you need a lil extra damage without saying no there ya go. It was also nice being able to get the first tier magic for lulu and yuna.

They have mainly been going in the usual direction with some tracking off. Tidus, auron, and wakka have mastered their routes, and started branching out.