Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

Default FINAL FANTASY Type-0 HD Battle Gameplay Trailer

Paris, 31st October - SQUARE ENIX have released a new trailer for FINAL FANTASY Type-0 HD at the Paris Game Week. The trailer shows off all the characters we can expect to play as in the Type-0 HD Remaster along with footage of them in action during battles. The 6 minute trailer also allows us to get a nice look at the re-mastered visuals. It's looking pretty sweet!

Who are you most excited to play as?

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

They all look cool. This game looks really fun!

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

...Oookay. Well, I was always planning on buying this game, just because. Support the system, everyone says it's awesome, probably enjoy some aspect of it. But hadn't seen anything yet to make me feel hyped

And admittedly, the first couple of characters they displayed in this trailer didn't really do anything for me. And then came Ivy's little clone. White hair, chain sword. Badass. Then a little girl with a HUGE mace, that looked realistic in the weight it carried and damage it would do. And the Zack/Tifa character. And then I just decided this looks legitimately fun as hell. Fast crazy fun. Now I understand what everyone's been saying. And now I am legit hyped for this. Now it won't just be an obligatory buy. It will be a want

My French isn't magnificent, but there at 5:45 you're getting messages like:

"Left side hit. Batallions 21 and 24 have suffered heavy losses. They can no longer fight. Our mission remains unchanged."

So obviously you're just a small part of a much larger battle, and its cool that they keep you abreast of that stuff. I wonder how much of it is preset triggers or if there's anything dynamic in there? Like, swapping to a squad whose with a battalion in trouble to try and turn the tide? I'm excited for this is a linear action RPG, but if something like that were in there too I'd go weak at the knees.

Local Florist Site Contributor
    Recognized Member
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

Rem looks like my kind of character, I like playing the squishy but flurry of fast attacks type.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Mace girl is going to be my kinda character, methinks.

Unsure why they went for PS4 though, with these graphics. Surely they could have gone PS3?
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

It looks fun and exciting. I just hope they fix that lip synching before it comes out.
    I like Kung-Fu.

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post

Unsure why they went for PS4 though, with these graphics. Surely they could have gone PS3?
    Who has a PS3 these days?

I mean, I know like, 80 million people do, but software sales for it are way down. All the press is on the new-gen. The timing is just too late for PS3. You might be able to develop it for both but the way the PS3s architecture works is waaaay different to the PS4/XB1, so it would take a lot of effort (i.e. $$$). Also I get the feeling they're not putting too much resource into optimising this game - most of the time you need to spend lots of energy into squeezing all the power you can out to make the game look it's most shiny.

If you don't set the bar for fidelity so high, you don't have to squeeze so hard. Achieving the same results with the less powerful PS3 would require much more effort.

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

I think it's because this HD Remaster is more of an advertising vehicle for FFXV, a PS4 game, and distributing it's demo than anything else.
    I like Kung-Fu.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I like Queen's magic attacks and I tend to favor swords anyway. Also Seven's mace thing is also pretty cool.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by Fox_ View Post

Who has a PS3 these days?

I mean, I know like, 80 million people do, but software sales for it are way down. All the press is on the new-gen. The timing is just too late for PS3. You might be able to develop it for both but the way the PS3s architecture works is waaaay different to the PS4/XB1, so it would take a lot of effort (i.e. $$$). Also I get the feeling they're not putting too much resource into optimising this game - most of the time you need to spend lots of energy into squeezing all the power you can out to make the game look it's most shiny.

If you don't set the bar for fidelity so high, you don't have to squeeze so hard. Achieving the same results with the less powerful PS3 would require much more effort.
    I imagine the PSP, being the same generation and manufacturer as the PS3, would be easier to port to the PS3. Could be wrong, though. But I for one would never use this particular game as an advertising vehicle for PS4/FFXV, because it's nothing remotely close to good advertising for the PS4. If people didn't know this was a PSP port (and a lot won't) then they would look at this game and think "Uh, wtf, this is cheap." I'm not saying I will be one of those people, but I do worry that they are targeting the wrong demographic by putting it on PS4, and simultaneously limiting themselves because 80m >13m.

Still looking forward to this game though.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

I imagine the PSP, being the same generation and manufacturer as the PS3, would be easier to port to the PS3. Could be wrong, though. But I for one would never use this particular game as an advertising vehicle for PS4/FFXV, because it's nothing remotely close to good advertising for the PS4. If people didn't know this was a PSP port (and a lot won't) then they would look at this game and think "Uh, wtf, this is cheap." I'm not saying I will be one of those people, but I do worry that they are targeting the wrong demographic by putting it on PS4, and simultaneously limiting themselves because 80m >13m.

Still looking forward to this game though.
    If they had made it a purely PS3 game, it wouldn't look top of the line there either. They'd be making the same kind of compromises they are with the PS4, but they'd have much less power to play with. And while I dunno how easy it would be to go from PSP -> PS3, what has always been a pain in the last generation has been PS3 & 360, because they work in fundamentally different ways. So it likely would have been PS3 exclusive, rather than cross platform which is much easier this generation.

Also don't underestimate the press angle. If this were on the PS3 it would be getting virtually no coverage. Sure, the trailer sites would post the trailers, but that would be about it. We wouldn't be getting detailed previews from Eurogamer, IGN, Kotaku and other major outlets. They only have a limited amount of things they can cover, so they want to make it stuff that is relevant and people are excited about - which is the new generation of consoles. By March 2015 the 'PS3 New Releases Section' in retail stores is going to be a little out of the way corner. It's no good having a massive install base if that install base at large isn't buying new software.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Are you only talking about graphics? They look fine. Not every PS4 game haas to be cutting edge photorealistic. The fact that is expected is one of the problems with today's mainstream console games.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Rem seems like my type of character, in battle and personality. I probably won't get this game for like 5 years though

It looks awesome. I definitely gonna choose Jack because he uses katana, Seven because it looks like she has the weapon to make enemy closer to her and it'll come handy against low health enemy and last one Eight because he uses his fist.
    One question though, can we change the characters and the playable charater when in the battle, or can only change before the battle initiate?
    Although Square Enix won't release it for PC. So I'm a bit disappointed at that. Other than that Final Fantasy Type-0 has an awesome gameplay.
    But this is my opinion