Thread: FanArt Friday! Final Fantasy Fan Art Showcase of the Week #92

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Default FanArt Friday! Final Fantasy Fan Art Showcase of the Week #92

It's FanArt Friday! Welcome to another edition of Final Fantasy Fan Art Showcase of the Week, where we show the best of the best from DeviantArt! Last week we saw some amazing and imaginative creations, and this week we'll see a new set of artists get a chance to show off their skills. But you're not here for the text... let's get on with the art!

FFIX Kuja by Midorisa

Let's kick this off with a favourite amongst staff, this incredible stylised version of Kuja. I'm not sure what I love most about this piece - the style? The colours? It's really hard to say. Everything just seems perfectly done. Hats off to you, Midorisa!

Villain Month 2014 - 020 - Kefka by AndrewDickman

From one villain to another, one style to another - here's Andrew Dickman's version of Kefka. This piece features a lot more variation in colour, of course, as Kefka certainly is quite the colourful character! Andrew has actually drawn a whopping 24 villains for Villain month. I like to think I'm not biased when I say Kefka is the best one, but I probably am a little biased...

FFXIV: Shiva by ZeroJigokuB

Let's get some FFXIV flavour into this FFVI + FFIX sandwich we have for you this week - with Shiva arriving into FFXIV in a flurry of snow and ice, Zero decided to put this beauty to a digital canvas so FFXIV players (and the rest of the world too!) could all get a little more Ice Queen in our life. I know she's as cold as they come, but I've never seen Shiva look so warm!

Final Fantasy IX by hoseou

Speaking of warm, here's a lovely warm moment being shared between some FFIX characters. I really love the style used on this piece, but even more so I love how adorable everything we see is. It's such a sweet little scene we're looking at, and that moogle is as cute as it possibly could be. Also, you all know I'm a massive fan of chocobos, so... yeah, this was an easy addition to this week's showcase!

phoenix by Kisataro

Back to Final Fantasy VI we go! The text Kisataro used to describe this picture was simple: "Locke found her." For those of us who know Locke's storyline, you'll know this is a very special moment in the game. I like how the artis's three words are enough to express all of the emotion tied to the event. I know I got feels when I first saw it!

Terra Branford - Final Fantasy VI by Sayunie Cosplay and CosplayPhotoArt

And here's yet another character from Final Fantasy VI to finish off this week's showcase, with Sayunie's wonderful and impressively accurate take on Terra Branford. Just look at the work done on getting this as similar to the official images as possible - It's almost as if Terra walked straight out of Amano's artwork into real life! A superb job by her and of course her photographer, Andreas.

What do you think of all these wonderful pieces? Are you on DeviantArt? Do you have any favourite artists there? Let us know by leaving comments on this article and, of course, click the photos to be taken to the respective DA pages so you can leave comments for them, too! Finally, if you're registered on DeviantArt, be sure to follow the EyesonFF DA Group!
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Oh wow, those IX pieces are amazing! I love that chocobo.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

I gotta find out what medium that Kuja was created in. That iX art is cute and that Cosplayer has some talent.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

If you click the link under it, it links go the DA page. It says it was watercolor!

Blog Entries

Yeah that Kuja is amazing.

Shiva is beautiful, but.. her boobs are gigantic.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Are we sure that Terra isn't the real Terra disguised as a cosplayer?

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by noxious.sunshine View Post
    Yeah that Kuja is amazing.

Shiva is beautiful, but.. her boobs are gigantic.
    I dare say this is the norm for Shiva in FF worlds.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

FFXIV Character

Twinkle Belle (Hyperion)

I love all of these! :3

Blog Entries

Beauitful and lovely all of them! <3