I haven't seen a thread about this yet, so I thought I'd make one.

I saw this with my mom and brother last month, and will be the first to admit that I only wanted to see it because Charles Dance as a vampire. Plus, mom was paying for it so all I had to lose was time, but honestly, I loved it. I'm sure it probably has some problems I'd notice more of through repeat viewings (my critic mind doesn't usually come on the first time I watch something), but it kept my attention. Charles Dance made a great old school vampire with all that makeup, and I liked Luke Evans' performance as Dracula. He's no Bela Lugosi, but there will never be another Bela Lugosi and people playing the role shouldn't even try. For what they were going for, he did good.

I particularly like the way they explored the powers in the movie. Like when Vlad first gets them and is learning how to control everything. I think it was the most creative use of bats I've seen in a vampire flick in a while. If there's one thing I could nitpick, it's that the villain got off way too easy. I'm not going to say if he died or not, just that it felt like a slap on the wrist. MAKE HIM SQUEAL!

Who else saw it? What did you think? When can we expect the Frankenstein, Wolf Man, Invisible Man, Mummy, Creature of the Black Lagoon, and other classic monsters to make their return to the silver screen?

Discuss.