Thread: Comic heroes or storylines you'd love to see adapted for the big screen

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Depression Moon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    If I can get an X-Men reboot, because I still don't care for the current film series even if it has gone from unwatchable to bearable, I would love to see a film adaption of Executioner's Song, Fatal Attractions, or the Age of Apocalypse but I can't imagine a single film would do any of them justice. I would also love to see the Dark Knight Returns get a film adaption.

In terms of actual comic book series to get film adaptions... Sandman comes to mind though it will probably never happen. Also Johnny the Homicidal Maniac needs to happen and it needs to be animated because I need to see the art style in action, I NEED THIS! Also a faithful adaption to Scott Pilgrim would be great, especially if they cast some one other than Michael Cera, who like John Wayne, can only really play themselves and not actually act, would be wonderful.
    Hey Wolf, you know that The Dark Knight Returns has already gotten a film adaptation right and Age of Apocalypse will be the next X-Men movie.
    I'm talking about an actual film, not a direct-to-video adaption, which while nice cause DC does them well, I'm still thinking an actual film.

They are not doing Age of Apocalypse as the next X-Men film, just debuting the iconic villain. I also kind of want X-Men to get a reboot because I frankly don't care for the film-verse as much as I like the original comic universe.

I'd love to see a Preacher TV series though considering the content I doubt it would ever make it to the screen without some serious changes to tone it down

The Jack webcomic is also a good one now that I think about it. It's an anthropomorphic universe, but don't hate on it for being furry-oriented. It is deep and real drama with lots of bad and interesting things happening. Like if Tiny Toons went to hell and it was done by Jhonen Vasquez or Tim Burton or something

Krankzinnigheid ligt dich Colonel Angus's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

I'd also like to see Moon Knight and Martian Manhunter get movies.