Thread: Comic heroes or storylines you'd love to see adapted for the big screen

Recognized Member Scotty_ffgamer's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Scotty Ffgamer (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Default Comic heroes or storylines you'd love to see adapted for the big screen

What new super hero movies would you love to see someday?

Articles
    Blog Entries

Scarlet Spider would be one I'd like to see made into a movie. Or at least an animated spinoff series. They're still pretty early in Spider-Man's story so it's probably not something that would come about any time soon if they'd even consider it.

Blog Entries

Not really a comic but: Worm

Dont click unless you're willing to spend the next month or so (depending on reading speed) on the greatest thing ever.
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

For the X-Men, I'd love to see the Mutant Massacre storyline. My #1 wish is to see Apocalypse but they're already doing that, so yeah, Mutant Massacre is next in line. Also, anything else featuring Mr. Sinister.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Recognized Member Scotty_ffgamer's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Scotty Ffgamer (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I say it every time, but I'd love a Red Son movie.

Also, I wish that Runaways movie that gets rumored about every so often would just come out. I finally started reading that (only read the first few comics before), and it's pretty enjoyable.

:monster:

Grant Morrison's We3. Also, an actual faithful adaptation of Moore's From Hell.
    Don't delay, add The Pimp today! Don't delay, add The Pimp today!
    Fool’s Gold tlsfflast.fm (warning: album artwork may sometimes be nsfw)

Krankzinnigheid ligt dich Colonel Angus's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Default Who do you want to see get a movie?

For me, I'd like to see Quasar get one. They rolled the dice on Guardians and broke the bank, so I'd like to see them take a chance w/ this one.
    Last edited by Colonel Angus; 11-04-2014 at 04:34 PM.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'd second a Red Son movie.

I'll also say that I'd like to see an adaptation of Grant Morrison's The Filth simply because I don't believe it can be done and I'd like to see what happens if someone actually tries.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

For Black Widow to get her own movie.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

If I can get an X-Men reboot, because I still don't care for the current film series even if it has gone from unwatchable to bearable, I would love to see a film adaption of Executioner's Song, Fatal Attractions, or the Age of Apocalypse but I can't imagine a single film would do any of them justice. I would also love to see the Dark Knight Returns get a film adaption.

In terms of actual comic book series to get film adaptions... Sandman comes to mind though it will probably never happen. Also Johnny the Homicidal Maniac needs to happen and it needs to be animated because I need to see the art style in action, I NEED THIS! Also a faithful adaption to Scott Pilgrim would be great, especially if they cast some one other than Michael Cera, who like John Wayne, can only really play themselves and not actually act, would be wonderful.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Sandman would need to be a series or something. A movie could never do it justice unless it was a Sandman type story that was fairly self contained as a couple of the issues were.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

ZATANNA

Can we get a Firefly animated movie based off of the graphic novels :3 The first movie was alright and did the TV show justice, but that wasn't the end! Not to mention I think they made some mistakes in that movie, and I'd like to see some in-between stuff, with more of the cast involved or something >.>

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    If I can get an X-Men reboot, because I still don't care for the current film series even if it has gone from unwatchable to bearable, I would love to see a film adaption of Executioner's Song, Fatal Attractions, or the Age of Apocalypse but I can't imagine a single film would do any of them justice. I would also love to see the Dark Knight Returns get a film adaption.

In terms of actual comic book series to get film adaptions... Sandman comes to mind though it will probably never happen. Also Johnny the Homicidal Maniac needs to happen and it needs to be animated because I need to see the art style in action, I NEED THIS! Also a faithful adaption to Scott Pilgrim would be great, especially if they cast some one other than Michael Cera, who like John Wayne, can only really play themselves and not actually act, would be wonderful.
    Hey Wolf, you know that The Dark Knight Returns has already gotten a film adaptation right and Age of Apocalypse will be the next X-Men movie.

For me? I know it will never happen, but I'd like to see a Batman Beyond movie. I'd like to see a Static movie too. I was also thinking about the Y the Last Man film that was trying to get into production, but after finishing the series I'm fine with just the graphic novel.

Quote Originally Posted by Vivi22 View Post
    Sandman would need to be a series or something. A movie could never do it justice unless it was a Sandman type story that was fairly self contained as a couple of the issues were.
    A Sandman series sounds intriguing. I know there was an old script for a live action film that was going to have Keanu Reeves play Dream, but it never came into fruition.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Also, there is talk of a Sandman movie to come. Neil Gaiman has met with Joseph Gordon-Levitt to discuss the film, and they've landed a writer for it. It's happening, folks.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    Also Johnny the Homicidal Maniac needs to happen and it needs to be animated because I need to see the art style in action, I NEED THIS! Also a faithful adaption to Scott Pilgrim would be great, especially if they cast some one other than Michael Cera, who like John Wayne, can only really play themselves and not actually act, would be wonderful.
    I would love love love a JtHM adaptation, but I think I'd prefer an actual cartoon series like Invader Zim instead of a possible live-action series, but that will never happen because "think of the children!". I can't even think of who I'd want to see play Johnny in a live-action, except maybe the guy playing Oswald Cobblepot in the current Gotham series (that casting would convince me). I can't really see it working and not being hokey D: but maybe! I want Billy Crystal to be the voice of Señor Diablo and someone not stupid for Devi.

Also, I wish there would have maybe even been two parts to Scott Pilgrim. They left out some stuff I would have loved to see, like Kim getting kidnapped by the twins and stuff. Cera didn't strike me as a Scott Pilgrim, either. I like the existing movie a lot, but not thanks to him.