Thread: The Emperor

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Default The Emperor

You know, he's a pretty good armchair villain who is much more proactive in the plot than other armchair villains, so do you feel the Emperor is a great villain who gets passed over for hie more bombastic enemies or just some cheap stereotypical villain from the old days of RPGs we hope to never see again?

I think he's pretty cool. If I remember, you don't see him much throughout the game, but his presence is felt because an empire has to have an emperor.

Spoiler warning, I guess!
    I liked how he was such a wimp when you fight him the first time, and he dies like it was nothing. Then he breaks out of Hell! And brings some demons along with him! That's... one of the most hardcore things a villain can do.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Electroshock Therapy View Post
    Spoiler warning, I guess!
    I liked how he was such a wimp when you fight him the first time, and he dies like it was nothing. Then he breaks out of Hell! And brings some demons along with him! That's... one of the most hardcore things a villain can do.
    This is the main reason I like him. I never got that far into the game because it always kicked my ass halfway to Sunday, but I heard about this a lot and it sounds cool.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Galina Astrum (Ragnarok)

just one simple thing to say about him.

Strongest.villian. ever.

Till someone whaps him with a blood sword.

Joking aside, his return is a hell of an accomplishment and I think of it as one of the greatest villain moments in the series, even if I find him rather lackluster outside of it. He is a much better villain than the four fiends, Garland, Xande, or the Cloud of Darkness were, though.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Galina Astrum (Ragnarok)

i say he is one of the coolest acomplisment of all Villians. maybe even up there with Kefka