Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So what were you expecting?

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Tongue So what were you expecting?

Because I hear the grumblings of some members of the forum, I am curious to know what some of you were expecting considering this game had little to no factual information handed down in the eight years it was developed. What kind of game were you expecting from Versus XIII/XV?

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Expecting? probably for it to go back to its roots. Maybe a sexy black mage lady with the hat (the hat is seriously necessary) and then this other girl who had one of those kitty hoods and was a white mage. And then like 8 other cute and awesome playable ladies. And a few cool dudes.

Wait, that's wanting not expecting. Honestly I was just expecting it to be more open world and traditional.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

How many times have we had this thread?

Basically my expectations for Versus and FFXV were completely different. So when they became the same game I was a little disappointed that a lot of my FFXV expectations will not be met, hence the grumbling. I had very few expectations from Versus since it was planned to be a FF spinoff title thus working with a clean slate (and to be honest I didn't really care that much about it other than the standard 'where the hell is this game?'). But with the name change, the bar has been raised.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Quote Originally Posted by shion View Post
    Expecting? probably for it to go back to its roots. Maybe a sexy black mage lady with the hat (the hat is seriously necessary) and then this other girl who had one of those kitty hoods and was a white mage. And then like 8 other cute and awesome playable ladies. And a few cool dudes.

Wait, that's wanting not expecting. Honestly I was just expecting it to be more open world and traditional.
    Yea the only complaint i can make this early is that the characters design's are really bad. Are there even going to be black mages or any classes? They look like a j-pop boy band.

still hyped tho...

I expect it to be out for PC too. Well just that, release it for PC too Square Enix.
    But this is my opinion

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

A grown up Disneyless grimdark version of Kingdom Hearts with crystals.
    I like Kung-Fu.

Blog Entries

This game, so far, is what I've been pretty much hoping for from a hypothetical FFXV. Finally, an actual real-time battle system as opposed to the dreck we got in FFXII. The only thing I'm not liking is the character design. The world, the monsters, the vehicles, all of that seems to be on point though.
    Xenogears is the tragic story of how your whole life can take a crappy turn, just because you happened to see a lady in a wedding dress before her wedding.

This boy is crackin' up, this boy has broken down
    This boy is crackin' up, this boy has broke down

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

a good game
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

YOU DONT KNOW YET!?!?!? FFFFsephychibi's Avatar

Honestly, the information that's been said in interviews over the past eight years, that I initially interpreted and envisioned are becoming a reality even transitioning in FF15. The monthly content that's being displayed is meeting my expectations and after seeing the world map I'm no longer worried. So far a lot of the concepts have become playable functioning elements. I'm more excited than ever. All I really wanted was a world map, and a ff game that could be on par with some of my favorite western rpgs, on top of the dramatic story and a world that I could give a smurf about. I can't tell you how many games I play that I don't care about the world or their characters, however with ff15 I already feel like I do and cant wait to learn more about them.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Not a video game adaptation of Entourage + the mafia, which is what it feels like.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I was expecting a car with a full tank of gas ready to take me to the airport, so I could fly to the great winter wonderland of Canada and take advantage of their superior healthcare system. Instead, I'm given another Japan to English video game meant to distract me from the Great Taco Bell that is slowly, but surely destroying the country through fatty food and soda pop.

Actually, I wasn't expecting anything. I'm just not interested in what we're getting.

Way back 8 years ago when it was first announced with a trailer, I was expecting something similar to Kingdom Hearts in terms of game mechanics, but with an open-world environment. Now I just want the game! Forget about the expectations, I just want to get my grubby hands on a game I've been waiting nearly half my life for.
    ❝ You are a fading dream, but one that has been touched by reality. ❞
    — icon courtesy of gospelle

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I was expecting a forum full of FF nerds to judge the game before we ever got our hands on it, and that's exactly what I got.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Kurisu Kazama (Sargatanas)

"This is a fantasy based on reality"

That's what I was expecting, and that seems to be what we are getting. Other than the no character switching it's pretty much on par with my initial expectations. A huge open world FF game with real life elements and a fast paced real time battle system.

I'm hoping that they still find ways of implementing a playable airship, but I'm not holding my breath for that.
    <a href=http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m3/Valentine-06/Signatures/fat_mooglesig2.png target=_blank>http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...mooglesig2.png</a>

I've said it, and I'm gonna keep saying it

If the story's good, all is forgivable. If the story's bull, then the whole thing falls apart.