• Orphan

0 0%
  • Nael Deus Darnus

0 0%
  • Lahabrea of the Ascian

0 0%
  • Chocobo... just Choco Metoer *shudders*

0 0%

Thread: Which Final Fantasy had the most difficult Final Boss?

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Dancing Chocobo Which Final Fantasy had the most difficult Final Boss?

Final Fantasy, as one of the longest running RPG franchises have given players some epic final battles. So which villain gave you the hardest time taking them down?

FFXIV Character

Omni Odin (Sargatanas)

I went Ultimecia purely because it was back in like middle school days when I first beat her. The level balancer or whatever killed me. I was young, didn't fully grasp the Junction System, and she kicked my ass a couple of times. Now, I can cruise through 8 and all bosses no problem.

I would actually assume the XI and XIV bosses to be the hardest. Considering MMO boss difficulty and strategies and all. I own XI (stopped playing after one day) and XIV (still playing), but I find it most fun to roll new characters here and there, so I haven't gotten to end game content.
    Final Fantasies defeated
    Playing

I, II, III, IV, IVAY, V, VI, VII, VIIDoC, VIICC , VIII, Tactics, TA, TA2, IX, X, X-2, XI, XII, XII:RW, XIII, XIII-2, XIII:LR, XIV, Type-0, XV

FavoriteToLeastFavorite : VII>X>Tactics>IX>IV>VIII>XV>VI>XII>X-2>XIII>TA2>V>XIII-2>III>I>LR:FFXIII>II

Articles
    Blog Entries

Braska's Final Aeon. It was actually a really fun and challenging fight when I finally decided to face him without doing sidequests and powerlevel.

Zeromus would probably take second place. He was pretty damn tough, and probably the only reason why I didn't pick him instead is because he didn't Game Over me (came so damn close though).

Honorable mentions to Ultimecia, Necron, Orphan and the entire XIII-2 final boss gauntlet.

Orphan 1 is the hardest without using the Crystallium too much. Just a normal run will cause trouble.

Then Zeromus, Trultimecia and Neo X-Death. But you can still lose after Orphan 1 so if that is important, one of those or Bhunivelze.

I feel kind of bad voting for him, but I guess I've got to go with Necron, if only because I sometimes forget to equip my status defense skills.

Orphan is a smurfing joke if you use Poison. That's literally all it takes. I was absolutely stuck against it when I played XIII, barely able to do any real damage, and then I found out about Poison. Suddenly I didn't even need to damage it, it killed itself.

I vote for Zeromus or The Undying. Zeromus with his Big Bang spam was a bitch and always killed Rydia in FFIV Advance. The Undying can also wreck your day if you aren't taking him seriously, which I wasn't my last playthrough.

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

Hm, this is a really tough on between The Emperor and Cloud of Darkness. Both of them make anything in the later entries look like child's play.

I had more trouble with Cloud of Darkness, but I also did the power leveling/cheating method for FF2 and he still was non-trivial. But I can't comment on how he is on a normal balance.
    >>Am willing to change opinions based on data<<

Braska's Final Aeon. It was really challenging.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yu Yevon

Really Ultimecia for me. Everything leading up to it didn't help

Quote Originally Posted by VeloZer0 View Post
    Hm, this is a really tough on between The Emperor and Cloud of Darkness. Both of them make anything in the later entries look like child's play.

I had more trouble with Cloud of Darkness, but I also did the power leveling/cheating method for FF2 and he still was non-trivial. But I can't comment on how he is on a normal balance.
    Cloud of Darkness is the final boss from III.

I haven't really played the series beyond X, which I found more or less easy after having basically played 9 of these games already.

I had the most trouble with Neo Exdeath, to be honest. The Job System takes such a spider web of interconnected strategies that it's really difficult to work out a combination that reliably works for a victory at lower levels.

(This is neither here nor there, but enough grinding will make the last boss of any FF into cake).

Also, FFV is the only game, that I know of, in the series that changes the ending if one or more of your party members do not survive the final battle. So how does that grab ya?

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

In retrospect I probably could have made the wording more clear. I had more difficulty in FF3, but that has to be balanced against the fact that I had an unfair advantage in FF2.
    >>Am willing to change opinions based on data<<