Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Successful Experiment

Quote Originally Posted by blackmage_nuke View Post
    Starting the trend of having the battle and field graphics match was pretty nice.
    They don't seem to have ever quite recovered from hitting the polygon ceiling in this regard.

The characters animations, starting with VII on up, went from cute and funny to garish and overdramatic.

This game was the last game that accepted that it was a Final Fantasy game, and not a goddamn franchise whore, manipulating your emotions like a domineering mother. Hell, FFVII even has a scene with your domineering mother. Sephiroth's whole backstory is about a domineering mother figure.

Seriously, this is the last time they roped me with the story. I came away from Final Fantasy VII thinking "Okay...", Final Fantasy VIII thinking "well, that's nice, I guess" and Final Fantasy IX thinking "smurf you, Square."

I only grudgingly played X, and wasn't at all invested in the characters or plot.

This was the last time they managed to tell anything resembling a coherent story, that didn't utterly derail into nonsense by the end.
    Last edited by Spooniest; 11-30-2014 at 03:32 AM.