Thread: Sonic & Sega All Stars Racing

disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Default Sonic & Sega All Stars Racing

"Sonic Racing and its metaphorical references to the economical theories of the 19th century."

lol Sorry, but I couldn't finish that video. After a minute of just "Sonic. Sonic. Sonic. Sonic" I had to quit. My girlfriend was giving me weird looks

I had always heard from the rare people who actually gave these games a try that they were a couple of the best "kart" racers they'd ever played. Putting it above even Mario Kart and Diddy Kong Racing and stuff. Which really surprised me. I gave the one for the Wii a try, and it was amusing for a minute, but it didn't have any lasting appeal to me. Many of those types of games don't, though. Because I have no friends to play with. Party games of all sorts fail on me in that regard, sadly :/ It was good though. And I can't say how it compares to any of the more recent Mario Kart iterations, as I haven't played one in a long time. Especially a solo one. So it'd be unfair to compare it to, say, Mario Kart on the GameCube, because that was actually the last one I played, and it was one of the rare occasions where I played it at a friend's house with her husband, my girlfriend, and my girlfriend's best friend all taking turns. I think the last Mario Kart I played on my own, was the N64 one. And I recall enjoying that quite a bit on my own, for whatever reason. Probably because I had a lot more patience as a child, so its probably even unfair to compare to that experience. So I guess all I can say is that it was good. Just not for me in my current life :]

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

They are indeed some of the best kart racers ever, and I personally like them the most of any I have played. Transformed is pretty much the perfect distillation of the genre.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I played Transformed on the Vita to completion and it was maybe the most satisfying kart racer I ever played. It won't have the memories like playing Mario Kart 64's battle mode with friends as a kid but as far as everything else, it's a near-perfect video game.