Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Good point and click games

Tied for my favourite adventure games of all time are Riven: The Sequel to Myst, and Grim Fandango.

I highly recommend playing through the entire Myst series, it develops quite well and is just a beautiful universe to delve into. The Longest Journey and Syberia series are also really well done and I highly recommend them too. Of course you can't go past things like Day of the Tentacle, Full Throttle, Secret of Monkey Island, Beneath a Steel Sky, Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis, Sam & Max Hit the Road, Atlantis series, The Neverhood, and of course the King's Quest and Quest for Glory series.

As you can probably tell the 'point and click adventure' genre is probably my one of my favourites. I wish it were a financially viable genre for AAA developers to bring back.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Wow you guys are awesome. I'm going to have to go on a downloading adventure. If only I had the time! I wonder if I can get some mobilely on my phone. I am not always at my computer but I am always with my phone.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I, too, love The Longest Journey and Dreamfall is basically an evolution of point and click games (be it done well or not is up to you, I personally feel it's a tiny bit better). After reading in this thread that Dreamfall Chapters was just released, I am going to go home, turn off Football Manager 2015 which I only just bought and buy Chapters. Because oh man so much build up, so much hype, I have been waiting for this for ages! Can't wait to play the first chapter.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Gemini Rue

Its a bit short but its well worth a play. Very reminiscent of old lucasarts games.

Quote Originally Posted by Sephex View Post
    Minesweeper is sort of fun.
    Dude don't even play with me on Minesweeper, I tore that game up back in the day.

...Or so I thought until I started watching the world's best. My best Expert was 89, which I'm still proud of.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Check out Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors and Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward for DS and 3DS and then thank me later.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Might I recommend Darkseed II, starring the greatest video game hero ever, Mike Dawson.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Absolutely any made by LucasArts in their heyday. The Broken Sword series. Beneath a Steel Sky. More recently, Telltale's fare fits the niche, though they aren't pure Point and Click. The Longest Journey has been extensively mentioned for good smurfing reason. I think The Last Express might count too? Another one that isn't Point and Click per se, but it's the exact same type of adventure game and though it doesn't entirely succeed in everything it tries to do, it's hugely imaginative and very much worth playing.

I don't know if you can get better than vintage LucasArts and Broken Sword though.

e; the Discworld games were also good, especially the first, which was excellent. I enjoyed Blazing Dragons a good deal although I can't really say it was particularly good as such.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Developer
    • Former Tech Admin

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    Check out Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors and Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward for DS and 3DS and then thank me later.
    I didn't even think of these as point and click games, but I guess they are the console equivalent. Definitely second this. I marathoned through 999 in about a week.

Oh trout. How the smurf did I forget about the Zork series?! The first few are just text-based, but once you get the Return to Zork they became amazing. My favourite being Grand Inquisitor, and although Nemesis is pretty good it really deviated away from the feel of the Zork world.

In fact, I'd go as far to say that Grand Inquisitor is tied with Riven and Grim Fandango as my favourite adventure games!

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."