View Poll Results: Which Zelda Games Have You Played?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Legend of Zelda

23 79.31%
  • The Adventure of Link

14 48.28%
  • A Link to the Past

22 75.86%
  • Link's Awakening

15 51.72%
  • Ocarina of Time

23 79.31%
  • Majora's Mask

17 58.62%
  • Oracle of Seasons

13 44.83%
  • Oracle of Ages

10 34.48%
  • Wind Waker

16 55.17%
  • Four Swords

11 37.93%
  • Twilight Princess

16 55.17%
  • Minish Cap

11 37.93%
  • Phantom Hourglass

11 37.93%
  • Spirit Tracks

6 20.69%
  • Skyward Sword

12 41.38%
  • A Link Between Worlds

11 37.93%
  • Four Swords Adventures

5 17.24%
  • Other

1 3.45%
  • None, but I want to!

0 0%
  • None, and I'm not interested

1 3.45%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Have You Played Any Zelda Games?

Banished Ace Recognized Member Agent Proto's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I've played most of the games. Some, I haven't though.

Apparently, I have been declared banished.

I remember reading an article someone wrote about what defines a gamer, and they had a tangent on what defined a game. They had mentioned meeting someone... I honestly forget who. One of the founders like Nolan Bushnel or something. And asked their opinion of today's games and threw out some examples I can't remember. But whoever the interviewee was, they sneered and wrinkled their nose at today's games, saying that the true pure video game experiences are just lights and buttons and simple concepts anyone can pick up and play. Things like story and graphics are weighing down the concept and are useless fat put on for padding to pander to the youth with low attention spans

And I can't even fathom anyone not liking the advancement of video games. Especially with the introduction of stories and characters. That was a revolutionary concept. And I tend to find Zelda games, especially the early ones, on that other side of the spectrum, where it's just pure video-game'y with no real padding for those of us who require substance to sate our attention deficit :P

But at least in that regard there are boundaries and definitions so at least it makes more sense. I used to hate on Kingdom Hearts for the same reason. Story seemed secondary and really the only objective was to run around and whack stuff and go on to the next stage. Kingdom Zelda Hearts :3

Sorry for the tangent though

:monster:

I've played all of them on this list except the 3D handheld titles and the two Four Swords games. I haven't finished Majora's Mask, Wind Waker, Twilight Princess, or Skyward Sword though.
    Don't delay, add The Pimp today! Don't delay, add The Pimp today!
    Fool’s Gold tlsfflast.fm (warning: album artwork may sometimes be nsfw)

Blog Entries

The Legend of Zelda
    A Link to the Past
    Ocarina of Time
    Oracle of Seasons (I wanted Ages so bad!)
    Wind Waker
    Four Swords

A Link To The Past is #1 for me. Lots of childhood hours at my dads house spent playing that.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Vyk View Post
    I remember reading an article someone wrote about what defines a gamer, and they had a tangent on what defined a game. They had mentioned meeting someone... I honestly forget who. One of the founders like Nolan Bushnel or something. And asked their opinion of today's games and threw out some examples I can't remember. But whoever the interviewee was, they sneered and wrinkled their nose at today's games, saying that the true pure video game experiences are just lights and buttons and simple concepts anyone can pick up and play. Things like story and graphics are weighing down the concept and are useless fat put on for padding to pander to the youth with low attention spans

And I can't even fathom anyone not liking the advancement of video games. Especially with the introduction of stories and characters. That was a revolutionary concept. And I tend to find Zelda games, especially the early ones, on that other side of the spectrum, where it's just pure video-game'y with no real padding for those of us who require substance to sate our attention deficit :P

But at least in that regard there are boundaries and definitions so at least it makes more sense. I used to hate on Kingdom Hearts for the same reason. Story seemed secondary and really the only objective was to run around and whack stuff and go on to the next stage. Kingdom Zelda Hearts :3

Sorry for the tangent though
    I love story and lore in video games. This is why I never shut up about stuff like Morrowind, Deus Ex, and SMAC. But it's not something I need in every video game. Just like it's not something I need in every movie (I will quite happily watch stuff by Michael Bay.)

Or maybe it's because I'm old and stuff like Dig Dug and Yars' Revenge are in my top ten list. I dunno. (Although Yars' Revenge comes with a seriously good backstory)

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

I've played link to the past, ocarina of time, majoras mask and wind waker

I have completed none of them.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    I have the best vote. Nobody will ever match that.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

I've played almost all of them. No Adventure of Link or Spirit Tracks, but I've at least played all the others (Forgot to put in "Other" for Hyrule Warriors, because the Phillips CDI games have been discounted from the series).

Didn't get to spend as long with the original or Majora's Mask as I might have liked. But, hey, 3DS remake of Majora's Mask coming.

Link Between Worlds is still the best.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I've played LoZ, AoL, ALttP, LA, OoT, MM, OoX, TWW, TP, Four Swords, and ALBW.

My favorites include LoZ, ALttP, LA, OoT, OoX, TWW, TP, and Four Swords. I still need to play more of ALBW. The only game I completed has been OoT.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I've only beaten Twilight Princess, Skyward Sword, and Four Swords. I've played more than that, to varying degrees. I'm stuck in Ocarina though, at the part where you're looking for now-grown Saria. Those smurfing pig guards!!