Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: This is the age for dragons and inquisitions, everyone inside the thread gogogo!

...Shameless plug here. http://www.aguywhogames.com/?p=64

Since most aren't likely to read my full review, best dragon age to date. Funnest battle system, best dialogue, and the best cast of characters. Cole is currently my favorite. <3

Edit: It can be the buggiest dragon age though. We aren't talking Elder Scrolls level of smurfing up, but ti's noticable. I have it for PS4, btw.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    Actually most of the criticism I have heard about it is that it's a PS3/Xbox 360 quality game in terms of graphics.
    Dunno what game they were playing or what graphics they were expecting but that is definitely not true for me, the game looks spectacular.

What bugs have you run into Neo? I've had one where a quest marker in forbidden oasis went to an unreachable part of the map, but I just had to leave and come back and it was fine. That's been the only one though, it hasn't seemed that buggy tbh.

Several times sound cut out on me or it would stall during dialogues (Sound issues fixed by entering the menu and backing out), and enemy drops appearing in some wierd smurfing places after killing an enemy.

A couple times it froze during dialogue, and I had to reload. Of course the game auto-saves so much nothing was really lost.

And then one time my character was doing a jig that looked like a retard dancing during a conversation about another character making a mistake, so it looks like I was mocking them the whole time.

The girlfriend got it on launch for PS3 and it was one of the most love hate relationships I've ever seen her have with a game. She played through it twice already though. She would have done it for PS4 but it wasn't fully paid for at the time. I helped pay that off and let them talk me into a low budget credit card and got her the PS4 version. It is indeed gorgeous. People saying it looks last gen have not played the PS3 version. It's a huge difference. And the PS3 was so buggy. This one crashed once but since the PS4 treats games like apps all it did was take her to the Home screen. On the PS3 it would have froze the whole system. Which it did multiple times per session when she played it on there. Along with horrible sound sync issues and graphical anomalies. Which we've experienced none of on PS4. Haven't played it myself but it seems like a fantastic experience. And is best experienced in next gen if possible

Local Florist Site Contributor
    Recognized Member
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

I spent about 5 hours in The Hinterlands and stopped playing. Not because I wasn't enjoying it though, mostly because it raised awareness that my graphics card is aging a bit now. So one my shiny new card arrives I will be hermitting like cray cray on this game!

So much win in one game.. Only about 40 hours in but good gods is it good. I'd have paid five or ten times the price I paid. If only it had click-to-move... Ah well, using a controller is a small price to pay to be so deep into Ferelden and ORLAIS <3

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

I think you can click to move in the tactical view but I don't use that very much. There's also G to autorun. The PC version with the right specs is like really really gorgeous. Cutscene pretty all the time. Also if you're bored it's possible to tweak your settings so everyone's hair and lips looks like one solid block of shiny metal. So far I've had just a few bugs, mostly involving people and loot drops falling through floors, occasionally a word is skipped during cutscenes, only one major bug that made me kill the game process manually: don't try to pick up any loot when a cutscene is about to happen :I

Also I am seducing Cullen with my wily magey ways, something my Origins mage never got to do because stupid Jowan

I know about those... Switched to controller anyway cause it's easy. I have everything on ultra amaze hd and it's very pretty. prettier than I expected it to be because bioware. there is some glitch with the hard in high town ops... and i think another op is frozen too.

I liked Sera at first. Now I want her to die for being a complete smurfing idiot.

Articles
    Blog Entries

ITT we find out who was unsuccessful at seducing a certain character.

Please, I seduced Josephine long before I started doing quests for Sara. <3

Next game I'm making a Red Head. I'm sure you know who I'm going after that run. <3

I keep trying to play this every so often. The game is horribly optimized for PCs, unfortunately, and the options I'm left with to get it working are not pretty.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

(SPOILER)Varric's card in the party selection screen changed seemingly out of nowhere and now it's red and scary and got these red lyrium ghosties and so I talked to him to see if anything is up and that started a quest called "Well, trout." Is he going to die? I'm scared ; ;

Articles
    Blog Entries

Sera's card changed after she warmed to me more or something, does he disagree with you often? That's all I can think of.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I've played Origins and Awakening. Would I be missing a lot if I skipped DA2 and went straight to this? I heard DA2 is not as good.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum