Thread: FanArt Friday! Final Fantasy Fan Art Showcase of the Week #94

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Default FanArt Friday! Final Fantasy Fan Art Showcase of the Week #94

It's FanArt Friday! Welcome to another edition of Final Fantasy Fan Art Showcase of the Week, where we show the best of the best from DeviantArt! Last week we saw some excellent talent on display, and this week we'll see a new set of artists get a chance to show off their skills. But you're not here for the text... let's get on with the art!

~Vanille~ by HappySmileGear

Let's start off with an action shot of Vanille being cute'n'badass at the same time. I've actually been checking up on this art as it was created over the past weeks, with the artist putting up the occasion work in progress shot. However, the artist has even been so kind as to show off a "speed paint" of their work on YouTube, so be sure to check it out if you like watching art in progress!

Yuna on Water by traden

Forget butter, I can't believe it's not Traditional! This digital piece has all the look of a traditional painting drawn with a physical paintbrush, and all the beauty of it too. I really enjoy the style used on this piece as we see Yuna do what Yuna does best: Being Jesus.

Final Fantasy XII Basch fon Ronsenburg by jaimitoB

Is it hot in here, or...? I showed this off to my wife and we agreed that if FFXII was ever made into a movie then everyone's favourite Thor actor Chris Hemsworth should play the role, because we were instantly reminded of him. Anyway, to all you ladies - or gents that way inclined - enjoy this ruggedly handsome man as much as you like!

Final Fantasy XIV Commission by simplyyellow

This beautiful piece by simplyyellow shows a Miqo'te and Hyur couple sitting by an aetheryte, and it's amazing how such a standard hub area of a game can be turned into something looking so romantic. I need to take my wife on an e-date in Eorzea sometime. Can't wait for the marria- er, sorry SE, I mean "Eternal Bond" system to be put in place!

Commission - Organization XIII circle by eikomakimachi

I'll be up front and admit I haven't played KH for more than five minutes (I'll change that someday, it's on a list...) but I can still appreciate this excellent work! Here we have some kind of organisation known as the XIII or something like that. Quick! Someone educate me on this so I don't look like such a fool! All I know is this makes for some great artwork.

Kuja by NarcissPuppet (cosplay) and ONE-Photographie (photography)

It's Cosplay of the Week! With all the more modern games featured above, it's only fair that I give a bit of airtime to something old school, and in this case an epic cosplay of Kuja narrowly edged it's way ahead of some other excellent cosplays to take the crown! I love it when there's tough competition, as it means we have the best winners. Nice work on everything here, NarcissPuppet, I applaud your efforts!

What do you think of all these wonderful pieces? Are you on DeviantArt? Do you have any favourite artists there? Let us know by leaving comments on this article and, of course, click the photos to be taken to the respective DA pages so you can leave comments for them, too! Finally, if you're registered on DeviantArt, be sure to follow the EyesonFF DA Group!
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Blog Entries

Basch and Kuja = massive nosebleed overload! XD

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I like the Vanille and Yuna the most

Articles