Thread: FanArt Friday! Final Fantasy Fan Art Showcase of the Week #95

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Default FanArt Friday! Final Fantasy Fan Art Showcase of the Week #95

It's FanArt ...Thursday!? Welcome to another edition of Final Fantasy Fan Art Showcase of the Week, where we show the best of the best from DeviantArt! We're a little delayed this week due to some intense server maintenance over the past couple of weeks, but I was working behind the scenes to get this sorted! For the previous week's art, we saw some excellent talent on display, and this week we'll see a new set of artists get a chance to show off their skills. But you're not here for the text... let's get on with the art!

FF7 - HEY SPIKEY! LOOK WHAT I FOUND! by RoninDude

If you haven't seen this masterpiece doing the rounds on social media, you've been missing out. Admittedly, this is a prequel to two works RoninDude put together earlier, but I think it's the best one so far. Still, I won't be the one to deny you your fix: Check the other artwork here and here - the first one has Cloud in quite an awkward position... but he did the right thing in the end!

LULU by juuhanna

Lulu is a massive underrated (and overbelted) character in the Final Fantasy series, but thankfully the extremely talented juuhanna is here to help change that. Gorgeous art of a gorgeous lady, and it's not the first time either - check out her work of Fran if you're wanting more strong Final Fantasy females turned into amazing art!

Twintania by MykeGreywolf

Some people in Eyes on Final Fantasy will be all too familiar with this beast. The Binding Coil of Bahamut is a dangerous place to tread, and Twintania was the first massive fight in A Realm Reborn that had people throwing their arms up in the air, crying "It's impossible! It can't be done!" While it's definitely easier after a few patches have come and gone to allow more people to claim victory, it's still a real test for anyone in the game. This is apparently the most detailed picture MykeGreywolf has ever done, and all I can say is: Keep it up! This kind of talent can't go to waste!

Off Road in Timber by PuftPrin

Considering Rinoa is one of the more traditionally beautiful ladies in the Final Fantasy series, you might think it's rather baffling that she doesn't get drawn more often! If that's the case, just wander into PuftPrin's Final Fantasy VIII gallery! Off Road in Timber is probably my favourite piece so far from Trena, with the calm vibe it gives through the pose of Rinoa along with the beautiful scenery. Having said that, The Game is On is very, very cool, too.

My memories will be part of the sky by Evanatt

I think this is a fitting finale to the art for the week that was. Evanatt has only recently tried out Final Fantasy IX and just couldn't resist putting digital pen to digital paper to put this beautiful image together. Vivi won Best Character here at EoFF as part ofthe 25th Anniversary of Final Fantasy celebrations, and it's safe to say this artwork will generate some feels for those of us that adore him so.

FFXIV Fan Fest Cosplay Contest Miqo'te Bard 2 by sashafelicity

It's Cosplay of the Week! During the Final Fantasy XIV Fan Festivals there were cosplays galore, and this expertly crafted Miqo'te bard was one of the many in attendance. Sasha managed to make it to the final 30, but this week she's #1 on our list! You can check out a full costume shot here in all it's glory.

What do you think of all these wonderful pieces? Are you on DeviantArt? Do you have any favourite artists there? Let us know by leaving comments on this article and, of course, click the photos to be taken to the respective DA pages so you can leave comments for them, too! Finally, if you're registered on DeviantArt, be sure to follow the EyesonFF DA Group!
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Blog Entries

Lovely works! I'm really digging the Lulu and the cosplayer with the bow arrow!

Blog Entries

Omg. That lulu and Twintania are insane.

Awesome entlies this week!