Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Square Enix to reveal a new console RPG in December that “Isn’t a Remake”

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Bolivar View Post
    Square planning an extra special Christmas announcement for its longtime fans!
    It's going to be FFXIII-4: Lightning Saves Christmas, where Lightning is going to help Santa Toriyama give copies of the XIII Trilogy to the children of the world. There won't be combat, instead it will be nothing but a collection of mini-games, mostly the ones you hated from VII, IX, X, and X-2 but you'll be happy to know Lightning will have a dress mode that will allow you to dress her up in over 200* sexy dresses and outfits of your choice. Toriyama was excited to tell fans that he learned the importance of game balance from mobile gaming and despite being a console game, the game will make use of the Energy in the form of Candy Cane Moogles which must be used to play the games and recharges one CCM for every hour you don't play. If you want to get cracking at those games without waiting you can purchase CCM for the low low price of $4.99. Merry Christmas from Squenix and out new motto "Just give us all your money now you stupid fanboys!"

*Only 10 dresses will be available at launch with 7 of them being Pre-Ordered DLC which is distributed between the different distributors and will never be made available again. The other 200 or so dresses will be pure DLC at the cost of $13.99 per dress and the dresses will be made available in "Surprise Boxes" which will randomly generate the new dress for the player to find. No refunds or bonuses if the Surprise Box generates a dress the player already owns.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

*Two background music tracks included. Users may purchase music from the trilogy as DLC.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Blog Entries
    Xenogears is the tragic story of how your whole life can take a crappy turn, just because you happened to see a lady in a wedding dress before her wedding.

This boy is crackin' up, this boy has broken down
    This boy is crackin' up, this boy has broke down

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

So was it the Saga game? Or was there something else?

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Wait, it can't be SaGa. I mean, everyone knows that would be infringing upon the Candy Crush Saga trademark.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Oh man. PLEASE tell me King.com goes after Square Enix for pulling out an old and beloved niche RPG. And the tide of the entire internet erupts upon them. Please please please. It didn't really happen last time. And even then, they regretted sticking their nose where it didn't belong. But they basically won their argument. It'd be great PR for Square, and terrible PR for King. Which are BOTH good things! lol Ah, I still hold a grudge I guess

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

Quote Originally Posted by Polnareff View Post
    That can't be it though, seeing as they said it was for a home console, not a handheld. Then again, there's only a few days of December left.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyk View Post
    Oh man. PLEASE tell me King.com goes after Square Enix for pulling out an old and beloved niche RPG. And the tide of the entire internet erupts upon them. Please please please. It didn't really happen last time. And even then, they regretted sticking their nose where it didn't belong. But they basically won their argument. It'd be great PR for Square, and terrible PR for King. Which are BOTH good things! lol Ah, I still hold a grudge I guess
    Yeah, back when they actually already tried that against The Banner Saga some months ago I said "Woah, Square Enix should totally turn around and sue them just for laughs. They were making Saga titles long before King was even a company".
    I like Kung-Fu.

programmed by NASIR Recognized Member black orb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

>>> Is chrono game? I want a chrono game..
    >> The black orb glitters ominously... but nothing happens..

FFXIV Character

Caedus Ulvein (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by black orb View Post
    >>> Is chrono game? I want a chrono game..
    I'd settle for a Star Ocean or Valkyrie game.

Are they having a random New Year's Eve announcement, or are we just accepting they've lied in some regard. Either it's not for a console, or they're not revealing it this year, or it just doesn't really exist (at least not the way we want it)

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

Quote Originally Posted by Vyk View Post
    Are they having a random New Year's Eve announcement, or are we just accepting they've lied in some regard. Either it's not for a console, or they're not revealing it this year, or it just doesn't really exist (at least not the way we want it)
    My guess is shoddy translating (which happens in a lot of these interviews). He was probably referring to the aforementioned Saga game for Vita.

That or he was intentionally being disingenuous and thinking "Well, the Vita is also the Vita TV! It's technically a home console!"
    I like Kung-Fu.

Actually I just went back and skimmed the interview again, and the announcements start in December and go through 2015 so you're right. We just misinterpreted it. And he said there will be announcements for both stationary and mobile consoles. Only that it will not be a remake or only browser/phone based. So yeah. SaGa fits those criteria and they'll still be announcing things into the new year. Rage and hate evaded

Blog Entries

I wonder if this new SaGa game is coming just to compete with Legend of Legacy for 3DS? Ah well, I doubt either of those games will come out outside of Japan anyway.
    Xenogears is the tragic story of how your whole life can take a crappy turn, just because you happened to see a lady in a wedding dress before her wedding.

This boy is crackin' up, this boy has broken down
    This boy is crackin' up, this boy has broke down

Quote Originally Posted by Polnareff View Post
    Legend of Legacy for 3DS
    Had to look that one up. Looks interesting

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Christ almighty, what did the gaming public do to deserve another SaGa game?