Thread: FanArt Friday! Final Fantasy Fan Art Showcase of the Week #96

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Default FanArt Friday! Final Fantasy Fan Art Showcase of the Week #96

It's FanArt Friday! Welcome to another edition of Final Fantasy Fan Art Showcase of the Week, where we show the best of the best from DeviantArt! Last week's artwork had some top drawer art on display, and this week we'll see a new set of artists get a chance to show off their skills. But you're not here for the text... let's get on with the art!

Fanart Final Fantasy IX by Ozmalight

Let's kick things off with this masterpiece by Ozmalight. With Vivi, the beautiful scenery and (my favourite) the chocobos, this one was destined to headline this week's showcase! It's painted and airbrushed digitally but looks like a physical painting all the same, which is always something that I like to see. Not normally one to create FanArt, Ozmalight does however have a gallery full of beautiful and fantastic scenes which I fully encourage you to check out.

FFVII - Vincent Attack by Midorisa

Bang, bang, bang! Midorisa is shooting great art in all directions, and she is the first person I've chosen to feature twice in my time running FanArt Friday. With art like this, who can blame me!? This 3D styled creation caught my attention the moment I saw it and I've only appreciated it more each time I check it out. Top class!

Delivery Moogle by chocolate-rebel

Do you want cutes? Well, we're delivering cutes! Or rather, the cute in this art is a Moogle who delivers... I'm getting myself confused, but who cares? Because cutes! If you don't find this Delivery Moogle from FFXIV adorable, there's something wrong with you. Seriously, you should see a doctor or something. It was insanely difficult choosing between this and another of chocolate-rebel's artworks, Fishing, featuring a very unfortunate Demon Brick minion.

Gogo by Evanatt

If Midorisa was the first chosen twice by me, Evanett is the first to be chosen twice in a row! You saw her featured on last week's much delayed showcase when she created a firey Vivi image, and on this occasion she's having us go gaga over her Gogo! It's not every day you get FFVI art this good, and it's not every day you get FanArt of Gogo, either, so there was no way this work was going to miss out. Old school Final Fantasy represented!

What will you do then...? by SidusRie

For a change, we'll finish up the artwork on a slightly darker note - here we see Hope if Final Fantasy XIII fame, back when he was an angsty teen full of rage from his mother's death. SidusRie's art captures the emotion and atmosphere surrounding this part of the story expertly with the dagger in hand, the heated colours and the scowling expression. Please don't kill me, Hope.

Oerba Yun Fang by Harker-Cosplay

And what finer way to end FanArt Friday than with Cosplay of the Week!? None, I say, none at all! And this week the prize goes to Harker-Cosplay. Crazy Final Fantasy hair? Check. l'Cie tattoo? Check. Vibrantly coloured but slightly nonsensical garb? Check. Badass weapon? Check. Traditional bead jewellery of Oerba? Check. Everything checks out! This is 100% Final Fantasy cosplay, folks!

What do you think of all these wonderful pieces? Are you on DeviantArt? Do you have any favourite artists there? Let us know by leaving comments on this article and, of course, click the photos to be taken to the respective DA pages so you can leave comments for them, too! Finally, if you're registered on DeviantArt, be sure to follow the EyesonFF DA Group!
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

FFXIV Character

Kaladin Cho'Sinn (Sargatanas)

Man, I love the Ozmalight and Evanatt pieces. Love.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Novi Glitzko (Sargatanas)

Oh wow, I love these.

Str8 Pimpin'